Author Topic: Can't use debug menu.  (Read 22149 times)

Painkiller

Can't use debug menu.
« on: April 01, 2011, 11:44:05 am »
Hello everyone, I'm using C::B 10.05 on windows 7 32bit. My Code::Blocks can't not use debug menu. When I select debug menu, I can't not click or use hot keys like F8....If someone knows this problem, please tell me the way to solve this. Thanks. ( PS: My English isn't good. Sorry if someone can't understand. :-?? )

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Can't use debug menu.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 01:19:13 pm »
I guess you try to debug a single file.
Debugging is only supported if you use projects at the moment.

Offline hqt

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 12:14:22 pm »
Oh, I still face with this error :( I'm using Borland C++, and nearly change to Code::Block. So, you can tell me detail about " cannot debug a single file. Debugging is only supported if you use projects at the moment." please.
I create a project, example name HelloWorld. And in folder HelloWorld, I see 2 file Helloworld.cpp and main.cpp. I don't know with file I should use to code, and I choose main.cpp. But after I compile it (no error), I still cannot debug (debug menu cannot active).

Help me please, thanks :)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 12:33:10 pm »
You can debug code compiled only with gcc (mingw) and visual studio.
For gcc you need to install gdb
For visual studio you need cdb (comes with "Debugging Tools for Windows")

Probably you can use cdb to debug code compiled with Borland C++, but I've not tried it, nor will I ever try it. You're on your own.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline hqt

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 06:22:41 pm »
Yes, I compile code in Code::Block and use GCC complier. But I still cannot debug. (the menu [Debug] is gray, cannot active)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 06:29:49 pm »
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline hqt

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 06:40:14 pm »
Yes, I also read on Wiki.CodeBlock before I'm starting to post here.
At that time when I read on Wiki.CodeBlock, I have done something here:
1) they said go to [project]\Build option, But in my menu Project, Build Option cannot active.
2) But I found another way (maybe !!!), I go to [setting][compiler and debugger] and I choose some category like Wiki.CodeBlock ( select produce debugging symbol, enable all compiler warning, disable -s etc) but I still cannot debug :(

and answer of jens, like I say above, I don't understand so much, so someone explain carefully for me, what should I need, please.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 06:41:59 pm by hqt »

Offline hqt

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 07:25:27 pm »
Oh, now I understand the answer of jens :) sorry with some silly questions of mine, because Code::Block IDE too different with BC IDE, so many things I don't know.

thanks for all :)