Author Topic: Custom makefile problems  (Read 8768 times)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Custom makefile problems
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 08:46:01 pm »
It might help to find the reason for your problem if you switch on the debuggers debug log ("Settings -> Compiler and debugger... -> Debugger settings -> Display debugger's debug log" and post the output here (with code-tags).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 08:56:40 pm by jens »

Offline tomasbym

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 11:15:07 pm »
I see what may cause the problem. When I compile the project in CB I got few errors that filename_*.h cannot be found (I have the filename.h files in the project). Even though the project is compiled correctly. I don't get this type of errors when I run the same command from terminal. There is probably some mistake in the makefile but it is strange than it runs without problem from the terminal.
T.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 08:16:45 am »
I see what may cause the problem. When I compile the project in CB I got few errors that filename_*.h cannot be found (I have the filename.h files in the project). Even though the project is compiled correctly. I don't get this type of errors when I run the same command from terminal. There is probably some mistake in the makefile but it is strange than it runs without problem from the terminal.
T.
Make sure the project base (which is the base path for compilation) is the same for both cases: The command line compilation and the compilation inside C::B.

If you are using relative path's for includes (which is the common way of doing) the base path matters, obviously.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ