Author Topic: RC2, SVN, Tortoise  (Read 6439 times)

Offline k1mgy

• Multiple posting newcomer
RC2, SVN, Tortoise
« on: November 22, 2005, 03:19:44 pm »
On a Win2k workstation Tortoise SVN is used to manage a SVN repository which is installed on a Linux machine within my LAN.  This works mostly quite well.  (I didn't install SVN on the windows box due to stability concerns) 

RC2 (this is my first install of Code::Blocks) failed to load due to the documented issue with the SVN plugin.  However, installing SVN on the windows box did not solve the problem, nor did placing svn.exe in the Code::Blocks directory do the trick, either.

Any suggestions out there?

Maybe this is a wasted effort - perhaps the SVN plugin support repositories on another platform (via Tortoise) anyway.

I am a refugee from Dev C++.  It appears that this editor is no longer being updated.  Code::Blocks has filled in a number of gaps and is a very nice tool!  Thanks to all who made it that way.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 03:26:20 pm by k1mgy »

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Re: RC2, SVN, Tortoise
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 05:25:24 pm »
Yes. delete the SVN plugin's DLL, because it's buggy in the current version. You can still use tortoiseSVN anyway :)

Oh yeah, before that, try adding the directory where your svn.exe resides, to your Windows' PATH variable. (My Computer, properties, advanced options, environment variables...)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 05:27:21 pm by rickg22 »

Offline k1mgy

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 06:47:23 pm »
No Joy.  Deleted dll for now.

Do you know if the Code::Blocks SVN plugin will work properly to a remote server (actually, my SVN server is within the lan).

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 06:51:20 pm »
It doesn't care about remote or local repositories, it lets Subversion itself handle all that stuff. I have a version modified for current Code::Blocks CVS version working quite nicely with a repository on my LAN.

Offline k1mgy

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 07:03:06 pm »
Excellent.

How did you get around the current problem?  Despite telling Code::Blocks where svn.exe is, it still fails.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 07:07:42 pm »
(After 1,000 edits...)

we use codeblocks CVS version, the svn bug is fixed there. Unfortunately, there was a change in the compilation process so I'm afraid you can't compile CVS with RC2 :(
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 07:14:18 pm by rickg22 »

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 08:12:46 pm »
How did you get around the current problem?  Despite telling Code::Blocks where svn.exe is, it still fails.

Like I said, I use Code::Blocks from the CVS repository. I also use the plugin from its Subversion repository plus some patching to get it to work with CVS Code::Blocks.
You could try if the plugin works if you compile the latest version yourself. The SVN repository is at svn://svn.berlios.de/cb-svn/trunk.
You'll probably need to install some extra stuff though (WxWidgets headers and C::B RC2 SDK). Also, make sure all the paths are correct if you didn't install C::B in c:\codeblocks.