Author Topic: The 20 February 2011 build (7017) is out.  (Read 63416 times)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 20 February 2011 build (7017) is out.
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2011, 11:07:42 pm »
Can you test the attached patch ?
I do not have issues with it until now, but four (or more) eyes see mre than two of course.
There's a minor issue with bitmap-placing (y-value).
Can be fixed by replacing:
Code
        dc.DrawBitmap(page.bitmap,
                      bitmap_offset,
                      tab_rect.y +(tab_rect.height - page.bitmap.GetHeight()) / 2,
                      true);
with
Code
        int bitmapY = tab_rect.y +(tab_rect.height - page.bitmap.GetHeight()) / 2;
        if(!page.active)
            bitmapY += m_Ythickness;
        dc.DrawBitmap(page.bitmap,
                      bitmap_offset,
                      bitmapY,
                      true);
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:25:29 pm by jens »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2011, 12:07:06 pm »
Looks better now, but there are some problems left:
(only tested with my theme):

1. Height calculations in the Log's notebook are wrong (there are 1 or 2 pixels more then needed).
2. The close button has the same problem as the text in the previous patch -> when the tab is deactivated the icon moves up instead of down. (I've applied your patch plus the change in the last post).
3. The drop list button is larger, than it should be, with my patch it is the correct size.

Screenshot showing 2 and 3: http://smrt.is-a-geek.org/codeblocks/screens/cb_gtk_tool_breakage2.png
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2011, 08:12:54 pm »
Looks better now, but there are some problems left:
(only tested with my theme):

1. Height calculations in the Log's notebook are wrong (there are 1 or 2 pixels more then needed).
2. The close button has the same problem as the text in the previous patch -> when the tab is deactivated the icon moves up instead of down. (I've applied your patch plus the change in the last post).
3. The drop list button is larger, than it should be, with my patch it is the correct size.

Screenshot showing 2 and 3: http://smrt.is-a-geek.org/codeblocks/screens/cb_gtk_tool_breakage2.png
1. I already have seen this issue with one or two themes, but can not reproduce it now (Darkilouche from http://art.gnome.org/download/themes/gtk2/1285/GTK2-Darkilouche.tar.bz2 also works well),
2. is fixed with the attached patch,
3. is smaller now, but I did not find a real gtk-notebook with a window-list, so the size might be mre or less a mtter of taste.

The patch is against actual trunk (svn r7055).

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2011, 08:42:08 pm »
1. Will test with this one...
2. What patch?
3. Have you tried FF 4.0b13pre?

Edit:
1. Still broken with your version of Darkilouche. Here I'm on wxGTK 2.8.11 (from wxPython), gtk+-2.22.1-r1...

Also do you have the correct gtk engine for the theme? (I'm not sure which it is thought)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:49:21 pm by oBFusCATed »
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2011, 08:51:35 pm »
2. What patch?
2.  :oops: here it is
3. I use iceweasel (the unbranded debian-build of ff) version is rc1 at the moment, here the button has the same height than the tabs, but the arrow inside is quite small. As I wrote its matter of taste, but in ff it looks good.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 09:00:22 pm by jens »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2011, 10:29:41 pm »
2. What patch?
2.  :oops: here it is
3. I use iceweasel (the unbranded debian-build of ff) version is rc1 at the moment, here the button has the same height than the tabs, but the arrow inside is quite small. As I wrote its matter of taste, but in ff it looks good.
1. The new patch fixes it or in fact it workarounds it somehow, because the it draws correctly but the log's notebook buttons are 2-3 pixels higher than the buttons in the editor's notebook.
2. Fixed
3. Yes, not it looks better, but probably we should make it look the same as FF, so there is a bit of uniformity...

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2011, 11:19:34 pm »
1. The new patch fixes it or in fact it workarounds it somehow, because the it draws correctly but the log's notebook buttons are 2-3 pixels higher than the buttons in the editor's notebook.
2. Fixed
3. Yes, not it looks better, but probably we should make it look the same as FF, so there is a bit of uniformity...

1. I just made a screenshot to measure them and they have exactly the same diemnsions and placement in all notebooks,
2. Nice to here,
3. I think this can be done.

By the way I reintroduce the GetTabSize-function, because it's used to determine the tab-size in IsTabVisible a function I used for the minimize space stuff in cbAuiNotebook.
I will provide a new patch tomorrow.
It's time for bed now.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2011, 12:11:26 am »
1. On my system, it is 2-3 pixels higher, no matter of the theme

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2011, 10:56:50 am »
1. On my system, it is 2-3 pixels higher, no matter of the theme
I don't know how to fix (or even try to fix it, if I don't get this issue).

Nevertheless here is an updated patch with a window-list-button that has the same height than the tabs (like in ff4), but a smaller arrow inside.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 11:14:28 am »
OK, I'll do some debugging to see what is going on there...