Author Topic: The 12 February 2011 build (6992) is out.  (Read 47958 times)

Offline Phenom

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 12 February 2011 build (6992) is out.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 08:53:02 pm »
Bug: I tried to delete an empty directory with FileManager, but I got the message "Could not open handle <path>" and CodeBlocks crashed.

mariocup

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 11:39:42 pm »
Hi,

I installed codeblocks revision 6996 from jenslody repository under ubuntu 10.10. If I disable the compiler plugin and then I open e.g. a cpp-file then codeblocks will crash.

I disabled quite a lot of plug-ins, but I think it is related to this plugin.

Regards,

Mario

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 06:45:24 am »
Hi,

I installed codeblocks revision 6996 from jenslody repository under ubuntu 10.10. If I disable the compiler plugin and then I open e.g. a cpp-file then codeblocks will crash.

Regards,

Mario

I only get (or gotit, will try again) if I remove (or rename) th ecompiler plugins library.

You might have seen, that I added debconf scripts to rename (and therefore not load) some of the plugins, except for the compiler plugin:
At the moment there is another (most likely more important) issue to look into:
If compiler-library is removed, you can not  open any files with "File->Open" or from recent file list, because C::B crashes immediately.
That's the cause, why I inhibit renaming of compiler pluzgin via debconf.

But it worked for me with a disabled plugin (from inside C::B).
I will try to investigate more.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 07:33:50 am »
Hi,

Regards,

Mario

I only get (or gotit, will try again) if I remove (or rename) th ecompiler plugins library.

You might have seen, that I added debconf scripts to rename (and therefore not load) some of the plugins, except for the compiler plugin:
At the moment there is another (most likely more important) issue to look into:
If compiler-library is removed, you can not  open any files with "File->Open" or from recent file list, because C::B crashes immediately.
That's the cause, why I inhibit renaming of compiler pluzgin via debconf.

But it worked for me with a disabled plugin (from inside C::B).
I will try to investigate more.
I just tested it, and it crashes also.
The "funny" thing is, that it seems to shut down C::B, th bachtrace shows only some destructors, that have been called and C::B writes back a changed default.conf .

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 07:55:01 am »
I just tested it, and it crashes also.
Here, too. It seems the crash is traced back to CC -> nativeparser.cpp:645 where the requested compiler is invalid. This can happen (as we see) and should therefore be handeled differently.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 08:02:38 am »
Here, too. It seems the crash is traced back to CC -> nativeparser.cpp:645 where the requested compiler is invalid. This can happen (as we see) and should therefore be handeled differently.
You The attached patch may resolve it (untested though).

As it "cbThrows" this explains why the default.conf still gets saved. That's a fail-safe option.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 08:26:37 am »
You The attached patch may resolve it (untested though).

As it "cbThrows" this explains why the default.conf still gets saved. That's a fail-safe option.
Fix confirmed on debian 64-bit, with disabled and removed compiler.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 09:26:06 am »
Feel free to commit, I don't have SVN access atm (and probably for the next couple of days...).

Offline Loaden

• Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 12:53:42 pm »
Feel free to commit, I don't have SVN access atm (and probably for the next couple of days...).
Thanks for quickly fixed!
Has been applied in the rev7010.

stefanos_

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 08:03:58 am »
Guys, I don't know if it's a minor bug or not, but it seems that AStyle "violates" Code::Blocks's Coding Style.

To reproduce this:
create a new class name Foo
enter your curly braces; it will automatically indent your cursor by a tab / 4 spaces size (if i am correct; if not correct me please!)
Enter either public:, or private, or protected:, and see them left indenting like the Bad example from Coding Style.

I know that is a minor issue, but I am trying to adapt the Code::Blocks's Coding Style in my programming life :)

Cheers.

Offline Folco

• Regular
    • Folco's blog (68k lover)
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 09:39:27 am »
Some people like that public/protected/private is aligned with {}. I think it's horrible. But this fact seems to be voluntary.
Kernel Extremist - PedroM power ©

Offline Loaden

• Lives here!
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 11:39:08 am »
Guys, I don't know if it's a minor bug or not, but it seems that AStyle "violates" Code::Blocks's Coding Style.

To reproduce this:
create a new class name Foo
enter your curly braces; it will automatically indent your cursor by a tab / 4 spaces size (if i am correct; if not correct me please!)
Enter either public:, or private, or protected:, and see them left indenting like the Bad example from Coding Style.

I know that is a minor issue, but I am trying to adapt the Code::Blocks's Coding Style in my programming life :)

Cheers.
Settings > Editor > Editor settings > Indent options > Smart indent
Please does not checked this option.

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 06:00:37 pm »
dmoore: Is there a reason you're not adding stuff to the Tools menu, having two menus named identically is not good.

To replace the tools menu, Goto Tools+ -> Configure Tools -> Plugin Settings, There's a checkbox to replace Tools with Tools+. Otherwise disable the plugin. Ideally Tools+ should offer same features as Tools + more. (This isn't true right now and your old tools won't be available in tools+)

I decided not to replace tools with tools+ by default for transparency purposes (to make it clear for first timers to the plugin that this is a separate feature). Before the next release, maybe the devs collectively decide to do something different.

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2011, 06:03:04 pm »
Bug: I tried to delete an empty directory with FileManager, but I got the message "Could not open handle <path>" and CodeBlocks crashed.

Thanks for the report.

What OS? (Assume windows) Was the directory deleted the root of the tree displayed in the FileManager or a subdirectory? Did the crash occur after clicking ok on the "Could not handle" message or before? Can you replicate consistently?

Offline Phenom

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011, 07:00:00 pm »
What OS? (Assume windows)
Yes, windows/

Was the directory deleted the root of the tree displayed in the FileManager or a subdirectory?
Subdirectory.

Did the crash occur after clicking ok on the "Could not handle" message or before?
When the message is shown, if you click ok it becomes unresponisive. The same is if you wait a few senonds not clicking ok.

Can you replicate consistently?
Unfortunately not. Try something like this: move the all the files of a folder to its parent directory and then try delete the folder.