Author Topic: The 12 February 2011 build (6992) is out.  (Read 47814 times)

stefanos_

Re: The 12 February 2011 build (6992) is out.
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2011, 08:55:12 am »
Guys, I don't know if it's a minor bug or not, but it seems that AStyle "violates" Code::Blocks's Coding Style.

To reproduce this:
create a new class name Foo
enter your curly braces; it will automatically indent your cursor by a tab / 4 spaces size (if i am correct; if not correct me please!)
Enter either public:, or private, or protected:, and see them left indenting like the Bad example from Coding Style.

I know that is a minor issue, but I am trying to adapt the Code::Blocks's Coding Style in my programming life :)

Cheers.
Settings > Editor > Editor settings > Indent options > Smart indent
Please does not checked this option.

Loaden, thanks buddy :) I have checked it and now another problem arises. Everytime I open curly braces, it does not move cursor by single tab / 4 spaces, and that is even more irritating than before :D.

Anyway, thanks for the effort; I will stick with the smart indent then :) I don't mind.

Cheers

stefanos_

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2011, 04:17:01 pm »
I decided not to replace tools with tools+ by default for transparency purposes (to make it clear for first timers to the plugin that this is a separate feature). Before the next release, maybe the devs collectively decide to do something different.

That was a good decision. I decided to keep the Tools menu and instead remove the Tools+. It works better for me.

I don't think it is wise if a plugin completely replaces existing "core" functionality. At least that decision should be left to the user, and that is what you did. So no problem thus far.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2011, 04:20:24 pm »
If a user wants tool+, it can't remove tools...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2011, 04:59:32 pm »
If a user wants tool+, it can't remove tools...

As I noted above, you can choose to hide the tools menu using Tools+->Configure tools->Plugin Settings->Replace Tools Menu with Tools plus

Offline codeur

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Code::Blocks EDU-Portable
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 09:49:00 pm »
I decided not to replace tools with tools+ by default for transparency purposes (to make it clear for first timers to the plugin that this is a separate feature). Before the next release, maybe the devs collectively decide to do something different.

I am glad you kept the Tools menu. As Tools+ does not seem to yet cover the same functionality as Tools (in particular the various ways of launching standard shells, and I have not seen separators). That would have made impossible my current use of the Tools. I also like the simple appearance of the inbuilt Tools.

For now I have disabled Tools+ and kept Tools, but thanks for offering this new plugin. It could become quite useful when more mature.