Author Topic: ltoa() and strrev() functions in stdlib.h of Code::Blocks  (Read 11250 times)

Offline tog

• Single posting newcomer
ltoa() and strrev() functions in stdlib.h of Code::Blocks
« on: January 04, 2011, 11:36:25 am »
I can not use  ltoa() and strrev() functions in Code::Blocks ( under Windows). File stdlib.h has not them. How can I get them in Code::Blocks ?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: ltoa() and strrev() functions in stdlib.h of Code::Blocks
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 11:39:03 am »
By installing a compiler that has them included.

Be aware that C::B is not a compiler, it's just an IDE, that works with very many compilers available.

Offline tog

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 11:43:30 am »
No compiler fits ! I tried to use all compilers in C::B...

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 11:50:28 am »
No compiler fits ! I tried to use all compilers in C::B...
By installing a compiler that has them included.

Be aware that C::B is not a compiler, it's just an IDE, that works with very many compilers available.

Read my post carefully !
The only compiler that is (sometimes) shipped with C::B on windows is MinGW, but it is not part of C::B and it's only distributed for your convenience.

Offline tog

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 12:06:55 pm »
I have C::B 10.05 version. It has many compilers: GNU GCC compiler, Visual C++ 2005/2008,Borland C++ compiler and many others....I downloaded all of them with C::B.
All compilers are into : Global compiler settings->Selected compiler. Functions ltoa() and strrev() are unstandard ! Before I compiled programms normally untill I tried to use ltoa(), strrev().

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 12:12:43 pm »
I have C::B 10.05 version. It has many compilers: GNU GCC compiler, Visual C++ 2005/2008,Borland C++ compiler and many others....I downloaded all of them with C::B.
All compilers are into : Global compiler settings->Selected compiler. Functions ltoa() and strrev() are unstandard ! Before I compiled programms normally untill I tried to use ltoa(), strrev().

You should not ask questions about software in forums, if you can not accept the answer or if you believe you know it better than a longtime user and developer of the software you use.

Offline tog

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 12:21:47 pm »
I just ask you...

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 01:30:11 pm »
Okay, just not to leave the question open...

The C::B distribution you downloaded is not bundled with a compiler. It allows you to choose from any compilers you might have installed. In the download section, there's a package which does included a bundled mingw compiler. Be reminded that C::B is not like Visual Basic which has everything installed and ready-to-go. You should at least download GCC and try a hello world C++ example with notepad to know how to use a compiler and linker. Then you can configure C::B and enjoy the IDE. See ya.

Offline Mountaingod

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 06:56:15 pm »
For what it's worth,

1. http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ doesn't list either function, but http://linux.die.net/man describes both (under stdlib.h and string.h respectively). This suggests they might be somewhat platform-specific;

2. MinGW is a port of Linux's GCC. As a result of this, my copy of MinGW does in fact provide those functions. I don't know about other compilers however, especially Windows-only ones such as MSVC.