Author Topic: wxWidgets compiling error  (Read 3347 times)

Offline shadowayex

• Single posting newcomer
wxWidgets compiling error
« on: December 23, 2010, 02:34:46 am »
I'm new with wxWidgets and C::B both. I'm trying to get my wxWidgets program to compile, but I get the following error:

/usr/include/wx/platform.h|196|error: wx/setup.h: No such file or directory|

On top of many, many other errors.

I'm on Ubuntu, and I have installed both C::B and wxWidgets via command-line (apt-get). In my project properties, in Project's build-options... -> Linker Settings I have `wx-config --cxxflags --libs` in Other linker options:. Other than that, I have nothing else configured in the project. I created the project from an empty project, as the wxWidgets project came with so many things I did not know what to do.

I googled and this seems like a semi-common issue, but I couldn't figure out a solution, because solutions were for Windows only. Can anyone explain to me what is happening and how to fix it?

Edit: I fixed my original issue by changing the piece in Other linker options: to `wx-config --libs` and placing `wx-config --cxxflags` in Project's build-options... ->Compiler Settings -> Other Options. But, I now have different issues. The next error in line is this:

obj/Debug/SAIB.o||In function `wxCreateApp()':|
/home/cyle/CPP_Programs/SAIB/SAIB.cpp|5|undefined reference to `wxAppConsole::CheckBuildOptions(char const*, char const*)'|

The line of code that generates the error is IMPLEMENT_APP(MyClass), MyCLass being the name of the class that is my wxApp. This part looks like a wxWidgets error instead of an IDE issue, so I will be posting in the wxWidgets forum for help on this issue, but if anyone here knows has an answer, don't hesitate to share.

Edit 2: This issue has be resolved. All that was required was a restart of Code::Blocks and the build became successful.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 06:07:46 am by shadowayex »