Author Topic: Making a game using Code::Blocks  (Read 11436 times)

Offline Zadirion

• Multiple posting newcomer
Making a game using Code::Blocks
« on: December 22, 2010, 09:05:09 am »
I'm making a game using Code::Blocks and all I want to say is Code::Blocks really deserves to be called a competitor to visual studio. It's come a long way since I know Code::Blocks, and it isn't long (a few months). Debugging's getting better by the day. So is Code Completion. And by using code blocks for my game, I am able to (and already done so) report bugs and thus improve it.

I want to thank all the active developers for their continuous effort they put in this awesome tool.
I'm keeping a blog here:
http://blog.zadirion.com/
It's not much, but I intend make a post about Code::Blocks to promote it and let everyone know what IDE  I'm using to develop my game.

Is there/ are there any recommendations (or guidelines) you guys make to people who use Code::Blocks for their projects and want to promote it?

P.S: I also think there should be some kind of page on the code blocks website listing projects using code blocks. Successful projects can add to Code::Block's reputation.

Cheers and thanks again for the great tool!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 06:32:33 am by Zadirion »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Making a game using Code::Blocks
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 12:25:02 pm »
Probably we need a banner: Powered by C::B :)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Zadirion

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 12:34:28 pm »
I think that's a great idea!

But it's not 'Powered by'. 'Powered by' implies an active involvement in the functioning of the product with the 'powered by' tag. It applies to websites (like powered by drupal, powered by wordpress etc), where the advertised component (C::B in our case) plays an active role (as a back end usually, in web development).
You can't really say 'powered by' when referring to Code::Blocks.

I would think more like: 'made using', 'created using', 'developed using', or some other more appropriate tags. I lack inspiration right now.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 12:45:37 pm by Zadirion »

Offline Zadirion

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 10:45:47 am »
I am still looking for a banner or logo to put on my blog to promote Code::Blocks. Any ideas?