Author Topic: wich debugger is recommended with BCC  (Read 6046 times)

IwanBob

wich debugger is recommended with BCC
« on: November 14, 2005, 07:55:19 am »
Hi there,

I just discovered C::B a few days ago, after using DevC++.
I really love it espcially the Editor is imho much better than in DevC++.

I am using C::B with the BCC. But I wonder wich debugger is recommended to use with BCC
I tried the gdb but it keeps on saying that I am not having any debugger information.
I found already that it is quite easy to make the gcc generarting these information, but I have not found the correct option in BCC yet.
BCC help is mentioning a compiler switch "-v", but, sorry for that, I have not found where to enter this switch inside the C::B IDE.

I also downloaded the Turbo Debugger from Borland.
But when I try to debugg a program from the IDE I get a pop up window wich tells me "Invalid swith: -nw"
Also here I wonder where this switch has been set, I cannot find it in the compiler options.

Thanks for any help,

Regards
RĂ¼diger

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: wich debugger is recommended with BCC
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 08:26:25 am »
BCC help is mentioning a compiler switch "-v", but, sorry for that, I have not found where to enter this switch inside the C::B IDE.
If that's what is needed (don't know, not using BCC) then you can enter that under "Other options" (second tab from the left under the "Compiler" tab).
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

IwanBob

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 11:28:32 am »
Thanks for your Quick reply Thomas,

I guess I solved the problem in another way.
After I found in this Forum that GDB does not work with BCC and BCC does not seem to come with a debugger on his own, I decide to go back to the GCC Compiler.
There everythings works out easy and fine ;)

Because of nostalgia reasons (old Turbo Pascal school) I would love to use the BCC, so if anybody knows a debug solution for that one, I would still be interested in information about that.

thanks and regards

RĂ¼diger

takeshimiya

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 03:37:25 pm »
There must be some warning in the program pointing that C::B currently only supports GDB with GCC when debugging from C::B, but you can debug when using other compilers with external debuggers outside C::B.

IwanBob

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 05:11:58 am »
Thanks for that suggestion, I was thinking about that too.
But as I was looking for a compile and debug solution where all is "from one Hand(IDE)", I decided to stick to the gdb.
But thanks anyway :)