Author Topic: create OpenGL projects (with GLUT) in the Code::Blocks  (Read 6781 times)

rexona

create OpenGL projects (with GLUT) in the Code::Blocks
« on: November 17, 2005, 03:38:20 am »
Hi guys....

i just finished installing codeblocks in my slackware...i'm facing some problem here...how can i create opengl project, there is a how-to for windows:

OpenGL Core Library and OpenGL Utility Library are standard in all OpenGL implementation. GLUT is a platform-independent add-on to ease the task of managing windows environment.

Your system may already have these files, in which case, you should always use the latest version, you should not replace those if the files already available.

Header Files
All header files should go to the “include\GL" folder of your compiler, thus:
- For Code::Blocks, it is “C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\include\GL”
- For Dev-Cpp it is “C:\Dev-Cpp\include\GL”
This is assuming those compilers are installed in their default folders.

If you are using the latest version of Code::Blocks or Dev-Cpp, the gl.h and glu.h should be there already, thus you should only copy the glut.h into that folder.

DLL Files
All DLL files should go to folder “C:\windows\system32” (for Windows XP) or “C:\winnt\system32” (for Windows 2000). Chances are those files are already there, in which case you should not replace them.

Library Files
All library files should go to the “lib" folder of your compiler, thus:
- For Code::Blocks, it is “C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\lib”
- For Dev-Cpp it is “C:\Dev-Cpp\lib”
This is assuming those compilers are installed in their default folders.

my question is...where should i placed those files in linux to start my opengl project

thx