Author Topic: Shortcut to move focus to search results tab?  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Sindisil

• Multiple posting newcomer
Shortcut to move focus to search results tab?
« on: December 06, 2010, 09:59:15 pm »
I searched the manual, the wiki and the web, and looked through the keyboard shortcuts dialog, but I don't see a shortcut to bring focus to the Messages pane. I know that F2 will open/close the pane, but I don't see anything that will allow me to bring focus to the pane.

Did I miss it?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Shortcut to move focus to search results tab?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 08:34:18 am »
Probably this patch could do what you want: http://developer.berlios.de/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=3067&group_id=5358

It adds a menu item and you could add a shortcut for it using the keybinder plugin.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Sindisil

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 05:09:48 pm »
I figured I could always add the code to allow for it, I was just hoping that it was there already and I had just missed it.

Thanks for the patch ... saves me the time of figuring out how to do it myself - just need to find time to work out compiling C::B. Any idea if that patch will be going in?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 05:28:01 pm »
I hope, so :)

But only Jens could answer this question  :lol:
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Sindisil

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 09:39:01 pm »
Fair enough. I just hate having to maintain extra patches for longer than absolutely necessary.

If C::B were kept in hg or git, I'd just make my own branch and pull upstream changes as necessary. With SVN based projects, though, that model breaks down pretty quickly.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 09:46:41 pm »
Why?
There are git-svn and hg-svn.
If you don't intend to send patches upstream git-svn works perfectly, I've tried it :)