Author Topic: The 27 November 2010 build (6863) is out.  (Read 52506 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 27 November 2010 build (6863) is out.
« on: November 27, 2010, 02:40:28 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2810_gcc441.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc441.7z

The 27 November 2010 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20101127_rev6863_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    Re: The 27 November 2010 build (6863) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 03:27:12 pm »
    Debian packages (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit systems can be found in my repo.

buub0nik

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 08:24:12 pm »
    I'm having problems with global variables in the project's compiler search directories.  Any global variables used there get dereferenced into what they point to instead of staying as the global variable name. This is troublesome on shared projects with different development environments and having to edit the project file every update.  I am using svn 6862 but believe the problem has been present for a couple of weeks now. Example:

Global Variable: libfoo
    base: ~/code/lib/foo
    include: ~/code/lib/foo/include

Then setting Project->Build Options->Search Directories->Compiler to: $(#libfoo.include)  it will shortly change to ~/code/lib/foo/include

It seems to only affect the project's overall search directories, and only in the Compiler category. Individual build targets are unaffected.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 10:57:17 pm »
    I'm having problems with global variables in the project's compiler search directories.  Any global variables used there get dereferenced into what they point to instead of staying as the global variable name. This is troublesome on shared projects with different development environments and having to edit the project file every update.  I am using svn 6862 but believe the problem has been present for a couple of weeks now. Example:

Then setting Project->Build Options->Search Directories->Compiler to: $(#libfoo.include)  it will shortly change to ~/code/lib/foo/include

It seems to only affect the project's overall search directories, and only in the Compiler category. Individual build targets are unaffected.
    I just tested it on linux with a simple "Hello world" - project and the variables are not dereferenced, if I save the project.

I attach the project-file.

Offline ahui886

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 04:00:22 am »
    thanks

Offline xawari

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • programming, usability ctrl
      • welcome to reality
    « Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 12:00:53 pm »
    Still crashes when I try to reorder/customize some toolbars (since september, AFAIR).
    Tested on TWO separate mahines with Windows 5.2 (2003 Enterprise and 2003 Enterprise R2) sp2, 32 bit. (I redownloaded all DLLs, but still no luck).
    ┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────╖
    in another thousand years we'll be machines or gods█
    ╘══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
    « Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 10:04:02 pm »

Yes. I have this problem too, as I have reported before at
    http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,13639.msg92113.html#msg92113

stefanos_

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 10:34:05 am »
    Current issue - Hot keys

When I create a new project and I press ctrl-shift-N to create a new source file, "yes / no" window pops up and as soon as I press 'Y' key (which is equals to alt-Y) or the space bar, IDE instantly crashes and I have to terminate IDE's process through task manager. I have searched Code::Blocks's source directory for a crash report and for a weird reason it does not contain one.

I cannot re-produce the bug neither with the current project nor with a newly created one, but it does happened when I occasionally create a new empty project. Please note that the current issue first appeared on my system with the release of revision 6800 and afterwards.

System Specs:

Compiler: TDM's GCC: 4.5.0
    svn: 6870

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 04:52:01 pm »
    Accidentally I found that I have this problem (thanks to svn :)), too.

Code
    -                       <Add directory="$(#unittest_pp.include)" />
    +                       <Add directory="/home/obfuscated/projects/unittest-cpp/UnitTest++/src" />
    I'm running dbg branch r6864 on gentoo linux 64bit.

I'm not sure what is causing it... But I think, that I've not edited the changed project.

Edit: I remembered that I've added some files with 'Ctrl + Shift + N', then clicking on the add to project button

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 04:53:59 pm by oBFusCATed »
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 05:28:50 pm »
    Accidentally I found that I have this problem (thanks to svn :)), too.

Code
    -                       <Add directory="$(#unittest_pp.include)" />
    +                       <Add directory="/home/obfuscated/projects/unittest-cpp/UnitTest++/src" />
    I'm running dbg branch r6864 on gentoo linux 64bit.

I'm not sure what is causing it... But I think, that I've not edited the changed project.

Edit: I remembered that I've added some files with 'Ctrl + Shift + N', then clicking on the add to project button

I still ca not reproduce it here on debian with latest trunk and latest debugger-branch.
    « Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 05:41:22 pm by jens »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 05:57:49 pm »
    Probably the broken case is very special, because this is not happening all the time for me.

I've a workspace with many projects (4).
    Jens, have you tried with a project in a workspace?
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 06:14:13 pm »
    Probably the broken case is very special, because this is not happening all the time for me.

I've a workspace with many projects (4).
    Jens, have you tried with a project in a workspace?
    Still not reproducible.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 07:42:05 pm »
    If anyone can provide a sample workspace/project, where it happesn I would like to test it.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 09:11:18 pm »
    For the record: I recall I had this effect at least once, too. However, I thought it was my fault - but in fact that's exactly what happened.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce, too. :-(

Anybody with a sample project / step-by-step instructions please step forward!
    Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
    C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
    C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
    « Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 10:33:53 pm »
    For the record: I recall I had this effect at least once, too. However, I thought it was my fault - but in fact that's exactly what happened.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce, too. :-(

Anybody with a sample project / step-by-step instructions please step forward!

I don't have a description good enough to guarantee the problem being reproducible. But a while ago I was using 2 Win XP machines with different setups and carrying a workspace+project back and forth on a memory stick (always taking complete copies). The problem very consistently showed itself when returning to one of the 2 machines.

Later, I have been using a Bazaar branch (on the same memory stick) instead of taking full copies, and the problem seems to have gone away (or become even rarer), even though I am using the same version of C:B (6840) and wxWidgets (2.8.11).

Perhaps a clue is that my .bzrignore file excludes

.layout
    .depend
    .cscope_file_list

?