Author Topic: SVN-HEAD binaries download  (Read 55235 times)

therion

SVN-HEAD binaries download
« on: November 14, 2005, 02:53:24 pm »
Hello,

Congratulations for the great job. I´ve been using Code::blocks for over a month and its being really usefull.

I really would like to help you in development but, unfortunately I don´t have time even to touch the sources...
So Ill try to help Ceniza providing binaries for those who, like me, can´t wait to see the next release :-)

This week, for example, i got really amazed with the evolution of wxSmith, many crashes were fixed and a new beautiful layout implemented.

Well, ill place the binaries at http://paginas.terra.com.br/informatica/mauricio/codeblocks/

Happy testing!

Keep the good work guys,

Mauricio

PS: Don´t forget to help the development team posting bugs on:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=126998&atid=707416
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 03:53:17 pm by therion »

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: CVS binaries download
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 03:13:42 pm »
Hello,

Thank you for providing CVS binaries :). I was at the point to write to the developers asking if it was possible to have binaries for CB version in development (unfortunately my work and my studies take quite all of my time :(  to make me, as you said, touch the sources).

Best wishes,
Michael

takeshimiya

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 04:02:20 pm »
Great!

Nightly builds would be better, and using sf.net Compiler Farm services, we can test C::B in almost every system!

Why C::B isn't using the Compiler Farm services?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 04:08:12 pm by Takeshi Miya »

therion

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 02:58:59 pm »
Hello

Thanks.
I've just uploaded a fresh cvs head compilation.
Hope you enjoy it :-)

c ya

roland

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 09:03:06 am »
Thank you therion. Build works as expected, nice going! I appreciate your effort and hope you provide more CVS builds when useful checkins are folded in. :D

baboo

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 10:40:44 am »
Is there any1 who produces binaries for Fedora Core4?

rudin

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 11:20:04 am »
baboo,

there is another thread on this forum: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,1194.0.html discussing about linux precompiled binaries, and i think fedora is on the list

therion

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 08:42:50 pm »
Just uploaded today´s fixes.

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 11:22:27 pm »
I would like to know how you're building from CVS. You just use the project file provided or do you tune it before building (like removing debugging information parameter, adding stripping, optimizations, ...)?

I would also like to know which plugins you're bundling with your build (contrib plugins).

BTW, thanks for the help.

PS: Due to two bugs recently fixed, still living in my latest snapshot, I'll delete it and upload a new one, for those interested.

therion

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 01:05:18 am »
I would like to know how you're building from CVS. You just use the project file provided or do you tune it before building (like removing debugging information parameter, adding stripping, optimizations, ...)?
I would also like to know which plugins you're bundling with your build (contrib plugins).

Whats up Ceniza,

Im using the default project files (Codeblocks-Newbuild.cbp and all plugins in ContribPlugins.workspace) to build CB on a mingw 3.4.4 system. Nothing special, no optimizations, no changes. Even my wx lib was compiled acording to the wiki tutorial :-)

To strip the executables I'm using (again the default) update script (under src).

I saw your build is slightly diferent from mines... what options are you using?

Best regards,
Mauricio

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 01:33:06 am »
Both for the main project file and all the contrib plugins' project files I remove -g and add -O3 and -s.

Before packing it into a 7z I run UPX --best on the EXE and DLLs in output.

Now, about the wx library, I compile it using configure and before 7z I run UPX --best on it too.

Well, I think those are all the tricks.

The only additional difference is I have access to the latest changes in CVS (anonymous CVS sees the changes about 5 hours later), functionality should be the same :)

therion

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2005, 11:33:32 am »
Humm... yup, upx and opts are always a good idea :-)

BTW did you saw that post about w98 problems with our builds?
Do you know how to fix it?

C ya

takeshimiya

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005, 12:43:46 pm »
UPX has been discussed here. It does not provide any gain if it'll be compressed with 7-zip, it only makes things worse (search in the forum).

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005, 01:00:11 pm »
BTW did you saw that post about w98 problems with our builds?
There is no problem with the build. The issue is about SHGetFolderPath which is available on any reasonably up-to date Windows system.
Windows98 SE, ME, 2000, and NT4 support it out of the box. Only Windows98 and 95 do not, they require at least Internet Explorer 5. I daresay that these are no impossible requirements ;)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

takeshimiya

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 01:24:27 pm »
thomas: that's not true, see here how to solve using Inno Setup.