Author Topic: SVN-HEAD binaries download  (Read 55239 times)

therion

Re: SVN-HEAD binaries download
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2005, 07:35:34 pm »
byo: THANKS!  :D
rev1534 uploaded

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2005, 07:46:21 pm »
rev1534 uploaded

Aargh, you are too fast in uploading new compiled SVN versions :D. I just have installed and configured C::B revision 1512.

Anyway, thank you very much and keep up the very good work :D.

Michael

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2005, 02:38:30 am »
Check this out: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=1674.0
rev 1534 seems broken (and I  updated - built and can't compile anymore):(

edit: You just saved my day, you also had 1512 available
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 02:42:44 am by yop »
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2005, 06:39:18 pm »
Check this out: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=1674.0
rev 1534 seems broken (and I  updated - built and can't compile anymore):(

Thank you for the warning.

Yes, I have remarked that thread about the problem of C::B rev1534. In fact, I have had problems with wxWidgets, but solved them with a quick&dirty solution...I have configured all the pathes manually :).

Despite this, I have had no other problems and rev1534 works (at least for me) as rev1512.

Michael

therion

« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2005, 02:38:41 pm »
I'm glad you like it :-)
I would like to have more free time to take a deeper look inside it...
Btw, i've just uploaded r1578, it's still ansi  :(  ill try to figure out how build the unicode asap.

merry x-mas for you all,

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2005, 02:47:28 pm »
Btw, i've just uploaded r1578, it's still ansi  :(  ill try to figure out how build the unicode asap.

Thank you very much :).

merry x-mas for you all,
Feliz Natal para vôce. Merry Christmas for you all.

Michael

therion

« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2005, 05:46:06 pm »
MERRY CHRISTMAS for you all :-)

I'll be on vacation next week so don't expect any new snapshots until Jan, 2nd. Wish you all peace, health and success :-)

Michael: Pra voce tambem :-) (i.e. "For you too") Where are you from? Brazilian too?

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2005, 06:45:24 pm »
Michael: Pra voce tambem :-) (i.e. "For you too") Where are you from? Brazilian too?

Muito obrigado.

No, I am not Brazilian, but Swiss. Actually I live, study and work in Austria. I was 5 months in Brazil (Rio Grande do Sul) with a very good Brazil friend for a master thesis. I have also taken a course of portuguese at the University of Santa Maria (RS) and could speak relatively well, but now just a bit unfortunately. It was a very good sejour :). I appreciated especially the people, the food and the footbool culture. I should go back one of these days :D.

Michael

therion

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2006, 02:17:48 pm »
Hello all, happy new year :-)
Uploaded rev 1644 unicode.

There is a strange bug in it, some of my source files doesn't open on editor, i mean, they are opened but the editor remains empty...

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2006, 02:23:50 pm »
yes, it happens with other files also, for example with some scintilla cb files, see another post. Bug has already been filed on SF, hope it will get fixed soon. In antoher report it was stated that the file might contain some charactrs that don't translate well in unicode (as far as I understood).

Lieven

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2006, 02:24:41 pm »
yes, it happens with other files also, for example with some scintilla cb files, see another post. Bug has already been filed on SF, hope it will get fixed soon. In antoher report it was stated that the file might contain some charactrs that don't translate well in unicode (as far as I understood).

Lieven

How was the bug fixed in the SF patch?

This is a Code::Blocks problem, not a scintilla problem. It is also very difficult to find an "optimal solution." :(
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 02:27:06 pm by 280Z28 »
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool:

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2006, 02:26:06 pm »

There is a strange bug in it, some of my source files doesn't open on editor, i mean, they are opened but the editor remains empty...
Do these happen to be non-Unicode files with a charset different from ISO 8859-1?
I heard similar things before, although I am not able to reproduce it. It seems that wxScintilla has no problems opening UTF-8 files, but some non-US/non-Euro charsets seem to fail...?
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2006, 02:28:01 pm »

Do these happen to be non-Unicode files with a charset different from ISO 8859-1?
I heard similar things before, although I am not able to reproduce it. It seems that wxScintilla has no problems opening UTF-8 files, but some non-US/non-Euro charsets seem to fail...?

sdk\wxscintilla\src\scintilla\src\editor.cxx will fail because it is not UTF8. Code::Blocks doesn't have support for opening files that are not UTF8, and files are always saved as UTF8 without BOM.
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool:

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2006, 02:38:19 pm »
sdk\wxscintilla\src\scintilla\src\editor.cxx will fail because it is not UTF8. Code::Blocks doesn't have support for opening files that are not UTF8
Sam, this is not true. Code::Blocks does certainly support opening non-Unicode files. What drives you to make such a hilarious statement?

Almost all of my own source files are ISO8859-1 encoded, and Code::Blocks 1636 Unicode (which I currently work with) opens them just fine!

This is a bug which only appears with certain charsets (probably because wxScintilla does not know how to translate them?), and it does not have anything to do with BOM.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2006, 02:45:16 pm »
Open THE CB project, sources, sdk, wxscintilla, src, scintilla, src, Editor.cxx -> nothing visible.
Strange that scintilla would have problems with it's own source files ;-)

Lieven