Author Topic: Split view Different files  (Read 12255 times)

Offline Nico2993ee

• Single posting newcomer
Split view Different files
« on: November 13, 2010, 12:35:14 pm »
Hello EveryOne!

I was wondering if it possible to use the splitview option in CodeBlocks with different files. So I searched and found this thread
(http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,12885.0.html). Ahha!, nice that's it's possible! but is it not a bit of a hidden feature like this?

Would it not be better to select the two tabs, right click on it and show a option in the context menu? At least for a quick fix one could add the current feature in the 'Tip of the day' dialog (I am actual read these things as long it is not only filled with trivial tips)

Anyway CodeBlocks is a nice product and  I am looking forward to give me feedback and opinions.

Hope all goes well with you all, best regards

Nico

Offline tiquio

Re: Split view Different files
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 03:41:03 am »
This feature is great and I was looking for it before and thanks to this post I finally found it.

Code::blocks should definitely make this easier to find. For example by including it as an option under "view" or when right clicking an editor tab.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 07:23:34 am »
This will not work, without patching the wxwidgets sources.
That's the cause, why the project-layout with different files side by side can not be restored at the moment.

Adding it to the Tips of day is a good idea, by the way.

Offline Nico2993ee

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 02:46:17 pm »
Just continue with an other solution :)

Perhaps the files can be selected in the project explorer using the CTRL button, right click and select the split view function.

Just a suggestion.

Nico

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 03:24:52 pm »
You can split a single file in twoparts of the same file, light using Split from context-menu.
But you will not be able to open two different files side by side this way.