Author Topic: Project Template For AVR GCC Compiler  (Read 43882 times)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline twgray

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Project Template For AVR GCC Compiler
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 01:06:36 am »
I am running Ubuntu and have it set up to get updates to CB automatically.  Will this be part of the updates now, or do I have to do something else to implement?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 06:57:05 am »
I am running Ubuntu and have it set up to get updates to CB automatically.  Will this be part of the updates now, or do I have to do something else to implement?
Most likely you'll need to add Jens' repo to the Ubuntu package sources (see http://apt.jenslody.de/).
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 10:07:36 am »
Most likely you'll need to add Jens' repo to the Ubuntu package sources (see http://apt.jenslody.de/).

I guess he's talking about the modified template. If I didn't get it wrong, the linux version is updated with the modified template at least Jens repository. So what about windows version?

Offline twgray

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 12:13:49 am »
Exactly right, thanks. 

Now, I know it is slightly off topic, but has anyone gotten avr-gdb to work with C::B?  I searched this forum and only saw a single post from 2007.  Hopefully things have improved since then?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 12:35:45 am »
If you have to use gdbserver, you'll have to try a debugger's branch nightly build.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline twgray

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 04:18:31 am »
I guess I should start a new topic, but I don't understand the last reply.  Do I understand you to say that in order to use avr-gdb with avarice I need the debugger nightly build of C::B?  Where is the information about how to do that?  I have the http://Http://apt/jenslody.de Ubuntu packages and get updates as they become available, but how do I get the debugger updates?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 10:28:17 am »
I guess I should start a new topic, but I don't understand the last reply.  Do I understand you to say that in order to use avr-gdb with avarice I need the debugger nightly build of C::B?  Where is the information about how to do that?  I have the http://Http://apt/jenslody.de Ubuntu packages and get updates as they become available, but how do I get the debugger updates?
See here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,15024.msg100522.html#msg100522

Offline kenzanin

• Single posting newcomer
  • solderen.co.cc/forum
    • Forum electronika indonesia
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 09:59:40 am »
sorry English is not my primary language and iam not programmer :).

iam also make some modification on AVR wizard by
  • making some option default
  • adding ALF, COFF and EXT-COFF debug format
  • adding linker option for printf int or printf float
  • adding linker option for scanf int or scanf float

this the screenshot
BeforeAfter

please notify me for any error

<todo> adding option for programmer avrdude
thanks

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 10:08:16 am »
I also added options for programmer and debugger but no one was interested in. And CB doesn't get updated with templates.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 10:31:08 am »
I'm not embedded programmer, but if you two collaborate and produce a patch
to the template you both agree on, I can commit it. The patch will be reverted if
there is a user complaining and you don't provide him with support, of course.

In the screen shot I see removed check boxes, are they really useless?

Offline kenzanin

• solderen.co.cc/forum
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 11:22:01 am »
I also added options for programmer and debugger but no one was interested in. And CB doesn't get updated with templates.
i guest that not true, iam here because i never knew someone has already make modification, otherwise i will used it rather than goggling(to much) and for hours reading codeblock wiki about wizard scripting. and i believe there many user will agree that CB default wizard for AVR is to simple for their need.
sorry if iam mistake.

In the screen shot I see removed check boxes, are they really useless?
i make that modification based on what i need most, i believe someone feel that check box is necessary otherwise it wont be there
this what iam remove form the check box and the reason
 ->create hex file
i remove the check box and make that default, because AVR simulator that i use VMLab, only support for hex and coff. as far as i knew
 ->run avr-size after build
i remove the check box and make that default, i guest i never meet someone that never care about the code size.

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 11:28:14 am »
Providing a patch won't be a problem as I've provided every patch i made. But it should be the users who will decide if a patch is ok or need enhancing and I don't know how it will be possible if they are not even committed? Anyway I'll try it again. ;)

oBFusCATed: Check boxes are not useless and have to be made optional imo.

kenzanin: U can browse the history of my patches and enhancements to the template on this thread.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 12:32:05 pm »
oBFusCATed: Check boxes are not useless and have to be made optional imo.
I've not said it is useless, I've asked why it is removed.

kenzanin: Keep in mind that all the different systems/boards have very different requirements, thus the argument I don't need it, so I'll remove it is invalid.

separate suggestion:
Have thought of making default profiles for different systems?
A combobox with the most common ones?
Maybe you need different wizard templates?

If you agree on something I have no problem with committing it, as I've already said...

Offline kenzanin

• solderen.co.cc/forum
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 12:55:44 pm »
kenzanin: U can browse the history of my patches and enhancements to the template on this thread.
ok thanks you

oBFusCATed: i think different wizard is the most easy option :D. and i agree with combo box with most common one but i still prefer using hex rather than bin. thanks you