Author Topic: Proxy ?  (Read 6618 times)

mamelouk

Proxy ?
« on: November 13, 2005, 01:41:24 am »
Hi everybody,

I am under windows xp and the problem is with devpak plugin, so I don't know if this post really belong here... sorry :)

I have troubles with devpak installer :
 - I am behind a proxy and I immediatly get this  : "error downloading list of mirrors"

Can you help me with this ?

note : In IE setting I already have set the proxy.
note2 : devpaks.org work fine in my browser

Thanks in advance,

Mehdi

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Proxy ?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 02:24:12 am »
I don't use devpaks, so not much help from my side, only this:

The plugin tries to download the list of mirrors from http://devpaks.sourceforge.net/ (which is a DNS alias for projects.sourceforge.net) rather than http://devpaks.org.
It then gets HTTP-redirected, so in the end, it's the same thing anyway, but maybe your proxy either does not like the redirect (or doesn't handle it correctly), or either of the intermediate names is on your block list for some reason?
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

mamelouk

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 12:47:45 pm »
Hi,

Thank you, but I don't even know how to change the server where the mirror lists are retrieved from :/

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 01:55:37 pm »
The idea was to look what happens if you enter http://devpaks.sourceforge.net into your browser. If that fails too, then you have a hint about where to look for the problem.

We are talking about a transparent proxy, I trust? Like for example squid and/or privoxy with some iptables rule?
Or are you in a LAN at work and your only access to the internet is through a web proxy that you have to configure?
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

mamelouk

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 05:57:06 pm »
this url works fine in a browser.

I am in a LAN where I have to configure the proxy (in firefox for example), so it's not transparent, and even if it's a restrictive proxy (only accept HTTP request), I have a proxy tunneling solution (I can even do p2p with it), and code::blocks doesn't work even if I set the global proxy setting to this proxy tunneling solution.

so I think the problem is only how to configure code::blocks to use a proxy when working with internet files ? It is possible ?

it seems to me what code::blocks is not aware of the proxy because the dec++/devpak plugin fail immediately when trying to connect.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 06:01:40 pm by mamelouk »

takeshimiya

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 06:12:44 pm »
This might have something to do...?  :P

wxURL::SetDefaultProxy
Sets the default proxy server to use to get the URL. The string specifies the proxy like this: <hostname>:<port number>.

wxURL::SetProxy
Sets the proxy to use for this URL.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 06:13:48 pm »
I am in a LAN where I have to configure the proxy (in firefox for example)
That's the problem then... the DevPak plugin does not support that (yet).

Are you comfortable with editing sources and recompiling the plugin yourself?

Then you may want to edit src\plugins\contrib\devpak_plugin\cbnetwork.cpp.

After line 83, add m_pURL->SetProxy("your proxy:theportnumber");

This is a nasty hack, but it should work until there is a better solution.

mamelouk

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 06:37:50 pm »
ok thanks for the tip :)

my first goal was to edit and compile an open source project (like vlc), so I had to download some packs.

In the end, I can edit the devpak plug-in to see how it works, it's the same;
 and maybe I can contribute adding the proxy setting! (playing with wxwidget and c++?)

so long,

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 06:42:59 pm »
I added support for that (including GUI) to the development version.

Let's hope SF lets me commit at some point, too.

There... done.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 06:44:45 pm by thomas »

mamelouk

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 10:20:38 pm »
so cool :)