Author Topic: does the have any papers or tutorials for plugin developers?  (Read 7443 times)

coollofty

does the have any papers or tutorials for plugin developers?
« on: November 12, 2005, 05:52:24 pm »
Im very excited for found the Code Blocks, it is a great open source toolkit. But it seems that havent documents or toturials for developers, and the samples is too difficult to read because of the comments are too less  :(
So, I want to implement a compile and debug plugin but dont know where to start.

takeshimiya

Re: does the have any papers or tutorials for plugin developers?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 06:15:33 pm »
You might want to look here (a Work In Progress): http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,1358.0.html :)

I'm curious, compiler and debugger of what language?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 06:17:25 pm by Takeshi Miya »

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 06:22:02 pm »
There is a (kind of outdated) how-to in the WiKi, too.

The easiest way to get started writing a plugin is to use the plugin wizard. This will create a working, compilable minimum project, and you can fill in whatever you want. Most of the functions that you need to fill in (OnAttach, OnDetach, OnExecute, etc.)  are pretty much self-explanatory.
A profound knowledge about how wxWindows (especially event handling) works is recommended if you intend to write a plugin. If you are not firm in wx event handling, read http://www.wxwidgets.org/manuals/2.6.2/wx_eventhandlingoverview.html before starting.
It may also help to look how existing plugins work.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

takeshimiya

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 06:58:20 pm »
Note that the SDK Reference Manual includes the Creating a simple "Hello World" plugin from the WiKi.

You might want to look at the Compiler & Debugger plugins code.

But as thomas said, see the event handling of wxWidgets first if you don't know it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 07:01:13 pm by Takeshi Miya »

coollofty

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 01:21:52 pm »
Oh thanks:)
I wanna to improve the AngelScript(http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript), hehe, this is a good language I like it!

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 01:38:49 pm »
Wait a moment, you were talking about a debuger plugin, and now  about Angelscript.
You do not mean to add Angelscript support to Code::Blocks? That's done.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."