Author Topic: The 23 October 2010 build (6752) is out.  (Read 44987 times)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 23 October 2010 build (6752) is out.
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 09:23:05 pm »
Can you also please add the option "Cancel" to the close dialog( when you press X incidentally, it only asks you whether to save the layout( at least me ) )... I like the firefox behaviour ( if I press X incidentally I can press Esc and not close firefox... no way(?) to do this with code::blocks :) )
Would be too late at this point, because the current project and/or workspace is already closed at this point and the shutdown is initiated.

What we can probably do, is add an option to confirm whether the application should be closed or not, either as annoying dialog or configurable via "Settings -> Environment".

What do other users and the other devs think about this ?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 10:20:21 pm »
By MY I meant abbreviations as a whole... I don't have Abbreviations in Tools->Editor...
Confirmed, abbreviations have moved into a plugin.
I updated automake-system, but forgot to fix the debian install files.

Currently I build the new packages.
It will take about an hour (64-bit and 32-bit), if everything else is okay.

I post here if the packages are available.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Should be fixed in my repo (and in trunk) now.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2010, 07:48:21 am »
What do other users and the other devs think about this ?
An annoying dialog seems appropriate, but IMHO only in case there are modifications and a project is present at all. Otherwise it feels strange if you open a project, do nothing (probably just browsing) and C::B asks if you are sure to close if you want so. No other applications does such (e.g. office / paint programs). But in the case of pending changes isn't this asked already?!
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Folco

• Regular
    • Folco's blog (68k lover)
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 10:15:16 am »
It is :
Kernel Extremist - PedroM power ©

Offline fataluk1

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 07:03:38 pm »
Well, I'm not working with projects, I'm a highschool programming contestant in informatics and I usually only open one .cpp file at a time because a project for each problem solved would be an overkill... in that scenario there is no way to stop code::blocks from closing...

Uuhm, as I think it's not a big problem, it's just annoying to click on X incidentally and to have to reload all your open files... nevermind... it'd be best if you did it an option to always ask if sure to close the program..
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:07:47 pm by fataluk1 »