Author Topic: ThreadSearch stop button doesn't work  (Read 5307 times)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
ThreadSearch stop button doesn't work
« on: October 11, 2011, 04:57:50 pm »
Sometimes the search/worker thread is not stopped, when I click on the stop button in the panel.
I don't know if it happens only for long searches (the whole project tree) or on every search.
Have anyone seen such behaviour?
The symptoms are that C::B is using a full core at 100%. You can start a second search and now C::B is using 2 cores at 100%.

It seems like a data race, but where... :(
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: ThreadSearch stop button doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 06:51:26 pm »
Works here, but I found another issue:
sometimes, if I click fast the search/stop-button gets disabled and is enabled again after I click into the textcontrol and hit enter to start the search.

I will try to find the reason.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: ThreadSearch stop button doesn't work
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 03:49:11 pm »
Jens:
Another problem the search is super slow, when I search the whole project (there are tons of files).
Have you tried to do the search on multiple worker threads, so a multi-core cpu can be utilized better?
Also what is the slowest part? It is not reading the files from disk, but something on the CPU,
because iostat tells me zero utilization of my disk, but the CPU is burning hot.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]