Author Topic: Code::Blocks Portuguese translation status and roadmap?  (Read 10916 times)

Offline Knitter

• Single posting newcomer
    • - website -
Code::Blocks Portuguese translation status and roadmap?
« on: September 23, 2010, 07:44:51 pm »
Hi,

I just recently started using Code::Blocks for teaching C programming language and I wanted to use C::B in my native language, Portuguese, but I've searched the forum, downloads page and wiki and failed to find anything I could use.

As I understand it, there is a launchpad.net project for translations, the only translation I could find there is, interestingly enough, Portuguese but it seems to be in it's initial stage.

I also found some topics about translating C::B and that it wasn't something officially supported, so, my questions are:

a) Is there any official support for C::B translations?
b) Who are the current, if any, Portuguese translators and how can I help?
Rejoice! For very bad things are about to happen.

Offline Knitter

• - website -
Re: Code::Blocks Portuguese translation status and roadmap?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 12:52:26 am »
Since I got no reply from any Portuguese translator, or any C::B developer, regarding the previous questions, I've started to translate C::B into Portuguese.

If anyone is interested please contact me using the forum PM system.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 02:04:21 am »
search the forum and wiki by the keyword "translation", results can help you like:

Internationalization - CodeBlocks

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,1022.0.html

If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 09:18:08 am »
Hi,
translations on launchpad are outdated, sure ! But you can retrieve some of them as a start base. I don't remember exactly how many are still reusable, but I think it's about 1000 or more strings.

gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Knitter

• - website -
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 12:03:20 pm »
search the forum and wiki by the keyword "translation", results can help you like:
Thanks, but had already read those. The wiki page is not very helpful to a OS X user ;) and the info was not really what I was looking for.
The forum link has a lot of mixed discussions and only a few of the last posts are of any use to new translators.

Simple things like: who is responsible for i18n?, what are the current supported languages?, who are the current translators?, what is C::B i18n workflow?, where do I submit my translations?, who maintains the pot/po files?. These are basic questions any translator has when starting with a new project, but none are answered officially.

It seems there are some interested users that are trying internationalize the project but there is no supporting structure for them to work, and we and up with two different translation efforts for the same language. In the end, it's the C::B project that suffers as it's hard to manage the current state of i18n. I understand that it may not be in C::B's develops vision to have the IDE translated but the fact is that i18n is needed in some cases.

As for the launchpad strings, I've chose to ignore them and start fresh, there are not many strings to translate and I find it easier to start from a new set of strings unconstrained by previous work that I would have to revise.

Offline Wagner de Queiroz

• eh nós Queiroz!
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 03:09:39 am »
Deleted non english content !
This forum is english only for legal reasons.
Even if you have translated the portuguese text.

Sorry !

Jens

--------8<----- Cut here and broke your display -------8<-----------  :D

Hello friend. How do you do? I finish at launchpad the translation to Brazillian Portuguese and I made some tries at european Portuguese to (but I no have sure if are a good translation) You have problems with the translation? Need help?

I cant put the translation here in my ubuntu :'(, but never mind about this issue.

Talk with me to change some ideas...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:07:13 am by jens »