Author Topic: Compiler Errors on first Start-Up!  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Confor_MIDI

• Single posting newcomer
Compiler Errors on first Start-Up!
« on: September 22, 2010, 10:54:34 am »
I am a huge noob, and I just got in to C++ a few days ago.  I really just wanted to dig in to the C++ language because I got a whole C++ video tutorial package from a friend, but I can't debug. It says the debugger executable is not set, but I clearly have the GCC and Intel C/C++ Compiilers installed.

I am running Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit.

Thanks in advance!

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Compiler Errors on first Start-Up!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 11:01:11 am »
because you ave a compiler, doesn't mean you have the debugger installed. In case of the gnu tooclhains you want the gdb debugger. Search on your system for gdb.exe, and make CB point to it in its settings as suggested by the message box.

Offline kencamargo

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 11:54:44 pm »
I am a huge noob, and I just got in to C++ a few days ago.  I really just wanted to dig in to the C++ language because I got a whole C++ video tutorial package from a friend, but I can't debug. It says the debugger executable is not set, but I clearly have the GCC and Intel C/C++ Compiilers installed.

I am running Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit.

Thanks in advance!

Make sure you have installed the build-essentials package. For debugging you need a *debugger*, gcc is the *compiler*. You need gdb as well, and I don't think it's packaged with the compiler.

Ken

Offline kencamargo

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 11:56:14 pm »
Search on your system for gdb.exe,

He's using linux.

Ken