Author Topic: Can't run debugger  (Read 52812 times)

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
Re: Can't run debugger
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 04:55:52 pm »
Ok I have confirmed with the latest 12 September normal nightly and debugger branch nightly, the debugger doesn't launch when the target type is set to 'Native'. Now what? ;)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 05:44:19 pm »
Should have to restart to windows to try it :)
But that will happen, when I get home...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2010, 06:21:34 pm »
Similar here on linux, if switched to native, debuggers debug-log is empty and the last entry in the "normal" debugger log is:
Code
Adding source dir: /home/jens/src/src/
Adding source dir: /home/jens/src/src/

I don't know what native is made for, I will look into it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 06:38:16 pm by jens »

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2010, 07:25:52 pm »
It's great to see some1 else has had the same problem with me, I was starting to believe I set something wrong in all 4 windows boxes I tried! ;) In a document I read regarding the setup of Codeblocks to use the AVR GCC compiler, the author set the type to 'Native' for the AVR applications, that's why I was trying to debug with that setting. He didn't included how to debug though.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2010, 11:15:23 pm »
I was able to reproduce it, too... And I think it hasn't been implemented at all.

I've made a patch for the debuggers branch: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,10908.msg89578.html#msg89578

scarphin: thank you :)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2010, 02:09:48 am »
U're welcome and I want to thank all of u again for Codeblocks! ;) But I just have 1 more newbie problem for now. As the bug is resolved and I need to keep going with my projects, what must be my version of Codeblocks to use? Do I have to build Codeblocks on my machine to make use of the patch or if I wait till the next nightly release will it be included already? And will it be ok if I overwrite the v10.05 installed files with the nightly build or should I use them separated? It's just that I like installing programs instead of unzipping and running them directly. ;)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2010, 08:47:18 am »
Next debugger branch nightly will have the fix. See the info for installing nightlies...
You can switch your projects to GUI or Console and continue using 10.05.

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2010, 12:51:59 pm »
I've read the info, it says extract and use. ;D Anyway I'll deal with it but what's the difference between 'Native' and 'Console application'? I intend to use 'Native' as I'm not coding a console application but what do I loose if I select 'Console application'?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2010, 01:04:05 pm »
The ability to use printf for debugging :)

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2010, 01:27:03 pm »
Ok, got it, 'console application' for printf'ing, 'native' for nothing. ;) Thnx for everything...

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 03:18:21 pm »
After running a couple of sessions with most of the things working without a problem, I realized 'codeblocks debug console' doesn't have anything appear on it till the end of debug session. The behavior is the same when the type is set to 'console application' from 'native'. As I can't think of this 'debug console' for any printfing from the embedded target, I really can't understand why it stands there. Is it a must with the running of debugger or it stands there just for printfing anything from the target? Can this be left out if the latter is the case?