Author Topic: Code::Blocks support in solmgr  (Read 7377 times)

ramzee

Code::Blocks support in solmgr
« on: November 09, 2005, 08:57:07 am »
Hello,

I think this may be useful to CodeBlocks community:
I've recently added experimental CodeBlocks support to solmgr which is cross-platform GUI project maintenance utility (http://solmgr.sourceforge.net). Solmgr allows you to generate native buildscripts (such as makefiles or CodeBlock projects now) from compiler-independent representation. You are welcome with bug reports and feedback in general if you are interested.

Offline Urxae

• Regular
Re: Code::Blocks support in solmgr
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 09:45:47 am »
I see on your site you also support MSVC solutions. This might be of interest to the developer(s) on this site working on MSVC import (and possibly in the future export) functionality (forgot who exactly, sorry). It's even GPL'ed, so there should be no licensing worries.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 09:50:21 am »
Nice. But when I tried to have a look at it, here's what I got:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

ramzee

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 10:06:28 am »
Urxae: solmgr is .net application and codeblocks is written in c++, so it does not look too easy to reuse solmgrs's code in codeblocks modules or vice versa. though it is possible using .net interoperability, but i don't think it is very correct to make codeblocks parts depend on .net framework. Anyway everybody is welcome in using solmgr components or code parts.

mandrav: You have probably not installed either .net framework or gtk# runtime. solmgr is a .NET application, so it requires .NET framework to run (both MS and Mono will do) and Gtk# runtime. If you are using win32 installer there are links to download both, download links are mentioned in readme also.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 11:01:08 am »
mandrav: You have probably not installed either .net framework or gtk# runtime. solmgr is a .NET application, so it requires .NET framework to run (both MS and Mono will do) and Gtk# runtime. If you are using win32 installer there are links to download both, download links are mentioned in readme also.

Well, I have .NET installed, Gtk# installed and, as a last resort, I installed Mono too...
(if you looked at the error's title, it says "Common Language Runtime..." and you should 've known I got it installed)
But I know nothing about .NET so...
Be patient!

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 11:11:52 am »
Urxae: solmgr is .net application and codeblocks is written in c++, so it does not look too easy to reuse solmgrs's code in codeblocks modules or vice versa. though it is possible using .net interoperability, but i don't think it is very correct to make codeblocks parts depend on .net framework. Anyway everybody is welcome in using solmgr components or code parts.

Well, one can still (try to) "translate" the interesting parts to C++. I was actually referring more to the knowledge of MS's file formats that to actual code.
I imagine exporting to them is a bit more complicated that importing them as it requires more knowledge of what everything means, whereas while importing them you can ignore all the bits you don't understand. And importing isn't yet perfect in Code::Blocks (at least for MSVC 8.0 files, though I'm not sure what version you're exporting to).

ramzee

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 11:31:24 am »
mandrav: i've just tested solmgr on fresh winxp installation and got similar error message without gtk# runtime installed. Make sure you have path to gtk# installation in your PATH environment variable (reboot required sometimes to make windows update variables). If this doesn't help can you tell which gtk# version you have? I use gtk# 1.9.3.1 runtime package for testing and it is ok on severals machines.

Urxae: solmgr supports 7.10 version (which is .NET 2003). Vcrpoj format is quite simple (you don't have to export every option, msvs just uses default values for settings that are not mentioned in vcproj), and ofcourse solmgr code can be used as a guide to vcproj internals.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 01:25:11 pm »
I installed mono-1.1.9.2-gtksharp-2.3.92-win32-0.exe (.NET I had already installed)
Be patient!

ramzee

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 02:32:24 pm »
I installed mono-1.1.9.2-gtksharp-2.3.92-win32-0.exe (.NET I had already installed)

Seems like latest Gtk# release 2.3.92 is not backward compatible, since it does not support 1.9.3.1 libraries. I've updated solmgr to version 0.1.6 using 2.3.92 Gtk# build; now it seems to work with the latest Gtk# runtime. You can download latest solmgr installer from http://solmgr.sourceforge.net/download.html

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 03:32:10 pm »
It works now, thanks.
Be patient!