Author Topic: a suggestion: plugins should focus on professional users.  (Read 5248 times)

Offline huzhongshan

• Multiple posting newcomer
a suggestion: plugins should focus on professional users.
« on: August 15, 2010, 12:48:56 am »
I just downloaded the nightly build version, found lots of plugins installed. Some of them are very useful, such as keybinder, some do not (games). I suggest that the pre-installed plugins should be focus on professional users, donot make the menu list too long.

Offline kencamargo

Re: a suggestion: plugins should focus on professional users.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 10:17:20 pm »
I just downloaded the nightly build version, found lots of plugins installed. Some of them are very useful, such as keybinder, some do not (games). I suggest that the pre-installed plugins should be focus on professional users, donot make the menu list too long.

Speak for yourself, I love the games. :)

More seriously, simply de-activate the plugins you don't want to use.

Ken

Offline ptDev

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 10:59:05 pm »
Even more seriously, I think there is a point in keeping the amount of plugins bundled with the IDE to an optimal minimum. What Code::Blocks could use is an SDK that embeds wxWidgets, so that anyone can make a plugin with worrying about the combination of compiler/wxWidgets versions.

We could reduce this problem by:
1) linking the C::B SDK statically to wxWidgets in the codeblocks.dll .
2) bundling wxWidgets (code or a subset) with an SDK toolkit to allow anyone to truly compile plugins out of the box.

Taking these steps one could then think of setting up a plug-ins repository. The difficulty involved in getting the combination of C::B source, wxWidgets (in the correct configuration) and compiler all "right", hampers plugins as far community driven features are concerned. (It certainly helps internal development and experimentation though, no doubt about that).

Offline huzhongshan

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 12:33:02 am »

Speak for yourself, I love the games. :)

More seriously, simply de-activate the plugins you don't want to use.

Ken
I love games too, there is lots of games in internet for download , why put them in C::B?
 I use c::B just for it is an IDE , it is a programming tools . if I want to play game , I donot need to download C::B, it is nothing related to the programming .
I suggest that DONOT put such things in DEFAULT distribution , if someone really need it , just download them seperately. Such things makes menus too long.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 06:17:13 am »
I love games too, there is lots of games in internet for download , why put them in C::B?
Look: This games is one of the most interesting technology demonstration as is shows nicely what you can actually do with the C::B SDK. It will remain. Period.

As said before: If you don't like it, don't even install it or (if you did already) disable or remove it (the plugin DLL and the related resource ZIP file will do).
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ