Author Topic: Tab switching behavior -- sequential tabbing still an option? <-- Yes, fixed  (Read 3778 times)

Offline 31

• Single posting newcomer
Well, since version 8, tabbing has changed a lot.

I like to use the "old way" of tabbing through by ctrl+tab going to the next tab and ctrl+shift+tab going to the previous. (This is called sequential tabbing in at least one other IDE.)

I'd like to change tabbing back. The keymapper plugin hasn't helped, because sequential tabbing doesn't exist any more as far as C::B is concerned. Sequential tabbing makes more sense for me--I arrange my tabs, and I should be able to navigate them as I see them on the screen.

So... any plugins available that can help me use C::B how I want to? Is there an oddly-named checkbox that I haven't tested? Thanks for any information.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 12:23:39 am by 31 »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Tab switching behavior -- sequential tabbing still an option?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 11:58:22 pm »
Which OS are you on and which version of C::B do you use ?
What exactly happens when you pres CTRL+TAB ?

It should work as you expect it, if I understand you correctly.
CTRL+TAB always switches to the next visible tab (even if you rearranged the tabs with drag and drop) and jumps to the first tab if it is pressed on the last one.
CTRL+SHIFT+TAB does the same in the other direction.

Offline 31

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Tab switching behavior -- sequential tabbing still an option?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 12:06:58 am »
Windows XP, C::B version 10.05.

When I press ctrl+tab, this pops up (the files are the files I have in tabs):

(Sorry for jpg.)

EDIT:
Weird... ctrl+shift+tab does sequential tabbing backwards, but ctrl+tab does that weird "pick a file" thing.

By editing the keymappings and removing ctrl+tab from the "switch tabs" option, it works just as I wanted now. Thanks for the help, knowing that it *should* be as I described helped me find the solution.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 12:22:58 am by 31 »