Author Topic: The 07 August 2010 build (6454) is out.  (Read 30116 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 07 August 2010 build (6454) is out.
« on: August 08, 2010, 05:15:36 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2810_gcc441.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc441.7z

The 07 August 2010 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20100807_rev6454_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• fix for bug #16951 and #17068: Project properties dialog too large, caused by wxTreectrl from libfinder-plugin
  • added missing format-file in debian/source,
    thanks afb
  • applied patch #2849: Multiline S&R, (the return of rickg22)
  • applied patch #2902: Improvement in TabSwitcher
  • pumped scintilla/wxScintilla to v2.1.2 (incl. updating code generation script and regenerating code... obviously)
  • Applied: [Patch #2990] fix linking of codesnippets plugin
  • Fixed: [Bug #15438] Abbreviations problem with doxygen comment
  • pumped AStyle to 1.25
  • only use -lX11 on wxGTK, not on wxMSW/wxMac
  • Fixed: Broken make dist inside astyle folder
  • fix keybinder mappings on wxMac, as the Command key was missing
    (mapping for instance Find to just "f", rather than "Ctrl-f"...)
    the Control key is very seldom used, but maps to "XCtrl-" if so.
    doesn't affect other platforms, where wxACCEL_CMD == wxACCEL_CTRL
  • fix console only debugging (gdb tty) on wxMac
  • updated wxPropGrid from 1.2 to 1.4 version
  • moved wxPropGrid from wxSmith to the core as DLL as it will 7 can be re-used
  • wxSmith-Aui: build fix
  • fix a bug when changing EOL-mode from editor configuration dialog, see http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,12712.msg86084.html#msg86084 for details
  • fix a bug that make project prebuild-steps be invoked twice in workspace-build (see: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,12774.msg86405.html#msg86405)
  • CodeSnippets - remove use of precompiled header in App project
  • fix a bug that prevents tab-position (top or bottom) in message-pane from being restored
  • Added DoxyBlocks, EditorTweaks, NassiShneiderman and Cscope plug-ins
  • BrowseTracker - 1.2.95 2010/06/30 - Ignore Editor line 1 activations in JumpTracker
  • fix : EditorTweaks stealing regular shift-ins functionality (aka ctrl-v / paste)
  • wxSmith: applied patch by Cryogen to fix wxPropGrid issue with first column always being at min size
  • save state and order of tabs in Logs and others (see http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,12554.msg85056.html#msg85056 and http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,12650.msg85657.html#msg85657)
  • Reference can not be NULL. Refer section 8.3.2 of ISO/IEC 14882:2003(E) for more details.
  • wxSmith: Updated number of wxWidgets controls supported by applying patch of Cryogen (Thanks!), wxSmith: Namely these are: wxAnimationCtrl, wxBitmalCombobox, wxColourPicker, wxContextHelpButton, wxSmith: ...wxDialUpManager, wxDirPickerCtrl, wxFilePickerCtrl, wxFindReplaceDialog, wxFontDialog, wxFontPickerCtrl, wxHtmlEasyPrinting, wxHyperLinkCtrl, wxListView, wxMEdiaCtrl, wxMessageDialog, wxPageSetupDialog, wxPasswordEntryDialog, wxPrintDialog, wxProgressDialog, wxRichTextCtrl, wxRichTextFormattingDlg, wxRichTextStyleOrganiserDialog, wxSearchCtrl, wxSimpleHtmlListbox, wxTextEntryDialog, wxTreebook
  • build fixes to EditorTweaks and wxSmith related projects under Unix
  • Fixed: Build with wx-2.9.1
  • wxSmith: added missing images (icons) for new controls
  • (temporarily?) removed wxMediaCtrl from wxSmith, because it breaks compilation on allmost all linux distributions (see http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,12977.0.html for details )
  • cbProject: allow macro replacements for file path's, too (sse wxFileName::GetFullPath instead of GetFullName)
  • cbProject: allow macro replacements for file path's, too (sse wxFileName::GetFullPath instead of GetFullName)

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline ahui886

• Multiple posting newcomer
    Re: The 07 August 2010 build (6454) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 03:59:18 am »
    good job!

thx

Offline cnhemiya

• Single posting newcomer
    « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 06:17:22 am »
    thanks

iamfreeman

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 01:08:49 pm »
    Good job!
    I love Code::Blocks
    :-D

Offline BCCISProf

• Professor Langsam's Home Page
    « Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 01:29:49 pm »
    What happened to CodeSnippits? It seems to have disappeared from the view menu as well?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 02:33:16 pm »
    As usually debian binaries (32- and 64-bit), sources and documentation packages (german and english) can be found in my repository.

The svn-revision is 6465.
    Additional commits (not included in windows nightly):

See here how to use it.

Offline pdsonic

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 02:47:54 am »
    Hi,

When I add a wxChartCtrl to a panel in wxSmith, codeblocks crashes immediately. I’m running under winXP SP3 and this latest nightly (I was hoping this new nightly would fix the problem, but it hasn’t)

It works in version svn 5859 (10 Oct 2009), but after that it is broken. In fact, I can add a wxChartCtrl to a panel and save the project (in svn5859), but as soon as I open the .wxs file in wxSmith in a newer version codeblocks crashes immediately.

PS: We have tried it under linux (mint - KDE) and codeblocks crashes the same way.  :(

pdsonic

Offline sophron

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 08:58:00 am »
    I've reproduced the problem pointed out by pdsonic. Also the resource panel behaves strangely (see below).

The Dialog box in the picture says "codeblocks has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
    « Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 12:28:07 pm »
    Hello everybody,

would there be any way to acomplish that c::b doesn't crash when just one of it's plugins crashes?

Regards

frithjofh
    architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 12:40:28 pm »
    At the moment I think it is not possible, because all plugins are share libraries and run in the address space of C::B.

Which plugin is crashing for you, I think it will be easier to fix the crashing plugin....
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline eoneuk

• http://
    « Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 02:55:45 pm »
    CodeSnippets -- where are you???

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 10:28:41 am »
    Hi,

When I add a wxChartCtrl to a panel in wxSmith, codeblocks crashes immediately. I’m running under winXP SP3 and this latest nightly (I was hoping this new nightly would fix the problem, but it hasn’t)

It works in version svn 5859 (10 Oct 2009), but after that it is broken. In fact, I can add a wxChartCtrl to a panel and save the project (in svn5859), but as soon as I open the .wxs file in wxSmith in a newer version codeblocks crashes immediately.

PS: We have tried it under linux (mint - KDE) and codeblocks crashes the same way.  :(

pdsonic

I can confirm this and found the reason (newer sources of sxChartCtrl).
    It happens if USE_GRID is set as style and no chart is added to the chartctrl.

There are two possible fixes one only for our preview and one that fixes it in wxChartCtrl's code.

The second one will also prevent applications from crashing, if the chartctrl is empty and USE_GRID is set.
    So I think the second is to prefer.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 03:38:57 pm »
    The wxChartCtrl crash should be fixed in trunk (svn r 6473) .

Offline danteri

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 10:20:43 am »
    hi

when you start compile project and during you press Abort button to stop compilation
    then when you have any cmd line window open in windows (start->run->cmd.exe)
    in the moment you press Abort they will dissappear from windows task bar.

checking in task manager they still running but they in state that cannot again bring them back to "visible" state

this bug is very annoying
    as i keep always few apps running in cmd windows and then i must kill them hardway and run again

it is happening on vista, on xp it seems work as expected
    dont know about others
    i run newest nightly but it is there (bug) since longer, just now i figured out whats happening this

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
    « Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 05:26:40 am »
    Debugger break point doesn't support functions in h files with path #include "./something/header.h". Code blocks is unable to show those files. It has an empty call stack!!! It has empty cells in the "file" and "line" columns.
    « Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 05:29:56 am by Grom »
    gcc+winXP+suse.