Author Topic: Nassi-Shneiderman plug-in and Boost.  (Read 7053 times)

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
Nassi-Shneiderman plug-in and Boost.
« on: July 15, 2010, 03:15:18 am »

I had problems with setting up Boost for this plug-in. Since a search here reveals no information and others may have the same issue, here are Killerbot's instructions, which worked perfectly.

Code
The plug-in only needs boost headers, so no need to build boost.

1) windows
download boost zip, extract it, and have the CB global variable 'boost' point to it

2) linux
from your packet manager of your distro, install the boost headers/sources and that should be it

Done. :-)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Nassi-Shneiderman plug-in and Boost.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 03:42:10 am »
Thanks.

Also, If I remember correctly(I built these plugins the day before yesterday), there are some build warnings in the new added plug-in. the pch header files were not used because some variables were not defined.

:D
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline metalous

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 04:51:54 pm »

I had problems with setting up Boost for this plug-in. Since a search here reveals no information and others may have the same issue, here are Killerbot's instructions, which worked perfectly.

Code
The plug-in only needs boost headers, so no need to build boost.

1) windows
download boost zip, extract it, and have the CB global variable 'boost' point to it

2) linux
from your packet manager of your distro, install the boost headers/sources and that should be it

Done. :-)

Hi,

I'm using Code::Blocks on Fedora Linux. I've installed boost, and everything is all right. But how can build a program under Code::Blocks using boost ?
Shall I add the Global Variables .. like under Windows ?

Thanks in advance.

(Ps: I'm trying to run a Wt program using Code::Blocks, Wt program require Cmake and boost C++, if you have any idea, please let me know).

Cheers.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 05:08:35 pm »
just like you would use any other library :

- specify path too include files (this can be done with CB global var, or just by specifying in the normal way)
- specify (path to) the libs to link with

The link part is not needed in case you just need the header based functionalities of boost (eg : variant, any, ...)

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 05:43:55 am »
IIRC this plugin doesn't throw any warning that it requires Boost when it is configured with automake. Later build fails if Boost is missing.

We should add appropriate check to configure script to ensure that necessary libraries are present.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.