Author Topic: Installing plugins  (Read 8131 times)

Offline MagnusJ

• Single posting newcomer
Installing plugins
« on: July 07, 2010, 11:10:07 am »
Hey

I am a beginner in Code: Blocks and I wonder if there is a tutorial on how to install plugins? :D :D

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Installing plugins
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 12:40:50 pm »
Which plugin do you want to install?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline MagnusJ

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 05:43:12 pm »
The plugins i want to install is kwxIndControlSource-0.3.0.zip and wxSmithKWIC_0.9.812.zip at http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxsmithaddons/files/.

I would also like to know how to install plugins in general.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 06:23:35 pm »
It depends on the plugin...

For binary plugins: There is an interface for installing binary plugins in "Plugins -> Manage plugins".
                    If you're on windows 99% of the time the binary plugin would not work and you would have to compile it yourself.
For source plugins: You need to use the same compiler and wxWidgets, your version of C::B has been compiled with.
                    If there are some mismatches you would experience strange crashes or problems.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline MagnusJ

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 10:57:05 pm »
I have operating system Windows 7.
I'll try my way to what works,
Does anyone know which compiler C: B for Windows is compiled with?

Offline wyzarddoc

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 12:12:15 am »
Mangus]
If you installed the code blocks with the mingw then you have a compiler already to go. Beware you still need to set directories (which I am still fighting), Establish a working directory for projects and you will be using wxSmith version 2.6 instead of the newer version 2.8 . Also some things like the code snippets and some menus seem to be missing or  changed in the new 10. version. This causes the tutorial on how to install plugins to be daunting. I would like to be a beta tester for the windows version so many of the new user/new install problems could be solved with real answers instead of "just use search" that I have seen too many times as answers to valid new users questions.  CB seems to be a good piece of software hope it doesn't go the way of so many other good packages that had great potential but died of poor/unfriendly/unhelpful support.
hope this helps
Doc