Author Topic: asm visual like syntax plugin  (Read 6469 times)

Offline astenuz

• Single posting newcomer
asm visual like syntax plugin
« on: February 10, 2016, 05:41:26 am »
Hello,

I would like to start developing a plugin that could let write inline asm with visual like syntax using gcc compiler. for example, you could write something like this.

Code
__asm{
    mov eax, 1
}

The plugin would traverse the plugin in the pre-build steps and will replace the corresponding blocks with its gcc version, of course the plugin will also set the appropiate flags to the compiler: intel asm syntax and 32bit compilation.

Code
asm(
    "mov eax,1;"
, : : );

I would like to ask for your help in advising the best approach to the problem, maybe is also possible to use just a simple script in pre build, however there may be trouble with the syntax check.

I particularly have no idea of how to read the contents of the editor, processing them and then sending the processed file to the compiler, also at what moment i could do it in the build process.

In adittion, Im completely new to plugin development for codeblocks. And that even though i have read the main documentation, the examples for plugins in the wiki are quite different from what i want to acomplish.

Thanks for your help!