Author Topic: Options from other compiler set added to command line  (Read 3711 times)

Israel

Options from other compiler set added to command line
« on: November 03, 2005, 06:58:52 pm »
Hi guys,

I just spent (wasted) more than an hour on sourceforge trying to report this problem.  The web page doesn't time out, it just doesn't seem to do anything.  I'm sorry, I know you wanted stuff reported over there, but I don't want to drop the ball on this and I don't have time to play any more games with sourceforge today.  Here's the deal:

I was building one project with various compilers (for testing purposes) and I began to get an error message from Digital Mars Compiler (DMC.EXE) for an invalid option.  When I looked at the command line, I realized that the options I had set for OpenWatcom (full debugging information, think it's "hw" ) were being included in the command line for the Digital Mars compiler set.

I opened and closed the project and IDE several times to make sure some cached setting wasn't being used.  I encountered the same error repeatedly.

When I updated the OpenWatcom compiler set not to have the full debugging option, the command line for Digital Mars was restored to its correct values.

Regards,

Israel

Offline yop

• Regular
Re: Options from other compiler set added to command line
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 12:59:45 am »
I've noticed that to and have already commited a bug report (Sourceforge was nice to me that day :)). The report is #1340696 if you're intrested.
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

Israel

Re: Options from other compiler set added to command line
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 01:11:03 am »
Hi Yop,

I saw your entry and while it sounded like maybe it was related, it didn't sound to me like what I had encountered.  (I searched all the entries before trying to 'Submit New'.)

Maybe I didn't understand the entry.  At any rate, I wanted to get this info down somewhere.

Thanks,

Israel

P.S.  Sorry guys, I didn't copy the environmental info here as I had entered in sourceforge:

1RC2, Windows/XP