Author Topic: How do I re-install Source Code Formatter  (Read 3640 times)

Offline cemclellan

• Single posting newcomer
How do I re-install Source Code Formatter
« on: May 31, 2010, 07:57:24 pm »
I deleted the source code formatter plug-in, as I was having a problem I thought was related to it (missing open parens '(' until following character was typed).

It was not the problem.

I upgraded to 10.05 hoping I would get the plugin back, but it is still missing!

How do I add it?

Offline cemclellan

• Single posting newcomer
Re: How do I re-install Source Code Formatter
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 08:06:17 pm »
I just fixed it.

I had to uninstall my existing copy of Code::Blocks, and delete the configuration file and then re-install.

All is good now!

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 10:30:45 am »
this happened to me once with another plug in. I think there should be some barrier to avoid that the user uninstalls the integrated plug ins. Or at least the uninstall in these cases should just work as a deactivation, not a deinstallation.

Regards

frithjofh
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 10:43:23 am »
A simple reinstallation without the need to delete the conf-file should do it, at least it worked here (windows and linux).
EDIT:
this happened to me once with another plug in. I think there should be some barrier to avoid that the user uninstalls the integrated plug ins. Or at least the uninstall in these cases should just work as a deactivation, not a deinstallation.

Regards

frithjofh
For this purpose there is the possibility to deactivate plugins.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 10:45:01 am by jens »

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 01:12:07 pm »
yes, I know that I can deactivate a plugin. It happend to me by mistake that I deinstalled an integrated plugin. That can happen to anyone depending on the time of the day and ones concentration  :). Reinstalling all the app to regain a plugin deinstalled by mistake does not seem to be a very appropriate way ...

regards

frithjofh
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100