Author Topic: How to set Tab order for a couple of controls in a frame  (Read 3286 times)

Offline samsam598

• Multiple posting newcomer
How to set Tab order for a couple of controls in a frame
« on: May 18, 2010, 03:14:55 am »
Greetings to everybody!

Sorry maybe it is a silly question,but I really do not know how to do it,I searched in wxSmith but did not found anything help.

My request is very simple,re-order the Tab order to part of the controls in the frame,how?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Offline rcoll

• Almost regular
Re: How to set Tab order for a couple of controls in a frame
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 02:12:31 pm »
Items are tabbed in the order that they are created; a.k.a. "the Z-order".

Right-click on a component and select "Move To Front" or "Move To Back" to change the Z-order (and the tab order).

Ringo

Offline samsam598

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 03:03:40 am »

Right-click on a component and select "Move To Front" or "Move To Back" to change the Z-order (and the tab order).

Ringo

Thank you Ringo.
I wish there is  a popups when I right click on a control,but there is nothing.My C::B is nightly build 6181.Was I missing something else?

Regards,
Sam

Offline rcoll

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 07:32:00 pm »
No, the popup menu is built into wxSmith.  If you using the GUI designer and right-click on a component (a button for example, or a static text label), you should see a popup menu appear with "Bring To Front" and "Send To Back" on it.  Selecting one of those changes the creation order of the components.

If you are not getting the popup, then something is very wrong.  What OS are you using?

Ringo