Author Topic: Minmizing the view options like manager , logs  (Read 3582 times)

mak89k

Minmizing the view options like manager , logs
« on: July 21, 2010, 10:00:58 pm »
Hi ,
      i love to use code::blocks . i use a netbook so the view options like manager , logs , open files list etc take up most of the space i need to scroll very often in-order to view the code . I was wondering if is possible to provide minimize option on the each view option bars so that on-click it could minimize into a button on to the sides of the IDE there by available only a click away. This would improve the user interface for me quiet a bit .
       If u like this addition please let me know i would be more than happy to contribute.
 thank you .. again u guys ROCK!! GREAT IDE !!

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Minmizing the view options like manager , logs
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 10:20:58 pm »
F2 - show/hides the logs
Shift + F2 - show/hides the management

Also the logs have the autohide feature: Settings -> Environment -> View
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Minmizing the view options like manager , logs
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 10:29:30 pm »
It's not possible.
But you can toggle some of the panes with shortcuts (default is F2 to toggle "Logs & others" and Shift+F2 to toggle the "Management" pane) and you can assign shortcuts to the other panes with the keybinder-plugin ("Settings -> Editor -> Keyboard shortcuts").

Another way is to create a minimal perspective and save it under a new name in "View -> Perspectives -> Save current" and assign keyboard shortcuts for the perspectives.