Author Topic: Problem with the Build Tooolbar  (Read 5541 times)

Offline Albenejean

• Multiple posting newcomer
Problem with the Build Tooolbar
« on: October 31, 2005, 02:34:31 pm »
Hello.

I'm using Code::Blocks 1.0RC2 under windows XP SP2, and I have some problem with the build an debug toolbars. These toolbars don't react to the mouse, can't be drag, and depending on the resolution of the screen can or not be drawn.

The bug has already been submitted (several times). I'm just here to check if someone has find how to fix it or if I had to wait for the next release.

Thanks and congratulation for the good work.

Jean.

[EDIT]: It seems that this post has not been send where it should. Can a moderator move this post to the Troubleshhoting section, please?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 02:36:09 pm by Albenejean »

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Problem with the Build Tooolbar
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 02:47:57 pm »
Broken toolbars may result from the file .cb_layout.bin being corrupt. Go to your home directory (C:\Documents and Settings\YourUsername), delete that file, and try again.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Albenejean

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 03:03:25 pm »
Excellent, that works.

I have tried deleting all the code::blocks files but I did not found this one. Perhaps it would be a good idea to move it to the home\.codeblocks directory for the next release.

Thanks.

Jean

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 05:06:25 pm »
Perhaps it would be a good idea to move it to the home\.codeblocks directory for the next release.
Just a minor comment:

What do you mean by "home"? If you mean the Code::Blocks installation folder than I don't think so. Unless you are working as an Admin or equivalent on your machine you may not have write access to that folder. But you will always have to your "Documents and settings\[user]\..." or "/home/[user]" in Linux.

Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

takeshimiya

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 10:49:07 pm »
He meant ~/.CodeBlocks/.cb_layout.bin INSTEAD of ~/.cb_layout.bin
It would be more logical.

Offline vserghi

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 10:26:26 am »
I also had these problems (ref bug num 1338300). I can also confirm that removing the ".cb_layout.bin" file fixed the problem.

Vas.

takeshimiya

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 07:54:23 pm »
I had this problem too. Seems it's not an isolated one. It happens when C::B hangs while it's saving the file.