Author Topic: Eclipse Project Import  (Read 12563 times)

Offline JivanAmara

• Single posting newcomer
Eclipse Project Import
« on: April 14, 2010, 09:47:11 am »
Hi All,
I'm moving to Code::Blocks from Eclipse and don't see any import tools for Eclipse projects.  Converting projects by hand is a pain and I'm seriously considering writing some code to convert Eclipse projects to Code::Blocks and wanted to check if anyone has already started something like this.

Opinions and tips also welcome.

mariocup

Re: Eclipse Project Import
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 10:29:05 pm »
Hi,

as far as I know an Eclipse project importer does not exist.

Offline JivanAmara

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Eclipse Project Import
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 03:42:58 pm »
Hi all,
I've got the lion's share of an Eclipse importer finished.  It's currently set up as a console app, but will be easy to move to a plugin once we're satisfied with its functionality. 

I couldn't find much documentation for Eclipse workspace layouts, so I built it based on what I found with my installation.  The biggest concern that I have for the project is that the layout could be different across platforms/VMs/architectures...so the best way you can help is to try it out on your Mac/Windows/64 bit machine and let me know if it works.  Error messages are pretty descriptive, so if something goes wrong please include the error message with your note.

Some notes about the behavior:
 - Requires an empty or non-existent directory to place stuff in.
 - Makes no changes to the original Eclipse workspace or projects.
 - May rearrange your project directory tree in the conversion.  All projects in your workspace will now be located in a directory which is a child of the new directory you specify.  If you used the default project location in Eclipse you won't notice anything, but if you regularly have projects in custom locations, this may bother you.  Things are in place in the design to extend it to accommodate this but it isn't coded yet.

Go grab it from subversion at:
https://e2cb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/e2cb/trunk

you'll need the following libraries installed:
boost_filesystem
boost_regex
xerces-c