Author Topic: C::B CVS compilation (undefined reference problem)  (Read 4477 times)

gmolos

C::B CVS compilation (undefined reference problem)
« on: October 30, 2005, 02:33:12 am »
I have wxWidgets242 build with:
mingw32-make.exe  -f makefile.g95 FINAL=1 WXMAKINGDLL=1
stc xrc build with
mingw32-make.exe  -f makefile.g95 FINAL=1 WXUSINGDLL=1

I try to compile C::B from CVS with CodeBlocks.cbp project file

When

Switching to target: sdk
Linking dynamic library: devel\codeblocks.dll
I get all this. WHY????????????? :(

Wiki solution:
   1.  MENU: Settings->configure plugins->compiler->other->advanced options (for me it was Settings->Compiler->Other->Advance)
   2. Choose: "Link object files to executable".
   3. It should be: $linker -o $exe_output $libdirs $link_objects $libs $link_options
Didn't work

Creating library file: devel\libcodeblocks.a
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x116): In function `ZN19AutoDetectCompilersC2EP8wxWindow':
C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:20: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxWindowBase10FindWindowEl'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x130):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:23: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10wxListCtrl8ClearAllEv'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x17f):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:24: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10wxListCtrl12InsertColumnElRK8wxStringii'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x217):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:25: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10wxListCtrl12InsertColumnElRK8wxStringii'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x2bc):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:30: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK10wxListCtrl12GetItemCountEv'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x2d7):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:30: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10wxListCtrl10InsertItemElRK8wxString'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x2e4):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:32: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK10wxListCtrl12GetItemCountEv'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x34a):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:34: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10wxListCtrl7SetItemEliRK8wxStringi'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x481):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:40: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10wxListCtrl7SetItemEliRK8wxStringi'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x530):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:43: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10wxListCtrl7SetItemEliRK8wxStringi'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x688):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:50: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxWindowBase10FindWindowEl'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x6b9):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:50: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8wxDialogD2Ev'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x812): In function `ZN19AutoDetectCompilersC1EP8wxWindow':
C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:20: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxWindowBase10FindWindowEl'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x82c):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:23: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10wxListCtrl8ClearAllEv'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x87b):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:24: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10wxListCtrl12InsertColumnElRK8wxStringii'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x913):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:25: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10wxListCtrl12InsertColumnElRK8wxStringii'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x9b8):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:30: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK10wxListCtrl12GetItemCountEv'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x9d3):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:30: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10wxListCtrl10InsertItemElRK8wxString'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x9e0):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:32: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK10wxListCtrl12GetItemCountEv'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0xa46):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:34: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10wxListCtrl7SetItemEliRK8wxStringi'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0xb7d):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:40: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10wxListCtrl7SetItemEliRK8wxStringi'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0xc2c):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:43: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10wxListCtrl7SetItemEliRK8wxStringi'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0xd84):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:50: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxWindowBase10FindWindowEl'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0xdb5):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:50: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8wxDialogD2Ev'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0xe18): In function `ZN19AutoDetectCompilersD2Ev':
C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:54: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8wxDialogD2Ev'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0xe4e): In function `ZN19AutoDetectCompilersD1Ev':
C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:54: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8wxDialogD2Ev'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0xe84): In function `ZN19AutoDetectCompilersD0Ev':
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0xec2): In function `ZN19AutoDetectCompilers14OnDefaultClickER14wxCommandEvent':
C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:60: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxWindowBase10FindWindowEl'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0xeea):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:61: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK10wxListCtrl11GetNextItemElii'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0xf31):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:65: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxWindowBase10FindWindowEl'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0xf6b): In function `ZN19AutoDetectCompilers10OnUpdateUIER15wxUpdateUIEvent':
C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:71: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxWindowBase10FindWindowEl'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0xf93):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:72: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK10wxListCtrl11GetNextItemElii'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0xfb9):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:73: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxWindowBase10FindWindowEl'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x1005): In function `Z41__static_initialization_and_destruction_0ii':
C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:10: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8wxDialog13sm_eventTableE'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x1057):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:13: undefined reference to `_imp__wxEVT_UPDATE_UI'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x109f):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:13: undefined reference to `_imp__wxEVT_COMMAND_BUTTON_CLICKED'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text+0x10dd):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:13: undefined reference to `_imp__wxEVT_NULL'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text$_ZN8wxString4InitEv[wxString::Init()]+0x8): In function `ZNK12wxWindowBase11GetBestSizeEv':
C:/Programs/wxAll-2.4.2/wxWindows-2.4.2/include/wx/gdicmn.h: undefined reference to `_imp__wxEmptyString'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text$_Z16wxGetTranslationPKc[wxGetTranslation(char const*)]+0x7):C:/Programs/wxAll-2.4.2/wxWindows-2.4.2/include/wx/gdicmn.h: undefined reference to `_imp___Z11wxGetLocalev'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text$_Z16wxGetTranslationPKc[wxGetTranslation(char const*)]+0x2c): In function `ZN19AutoDetectCompilersC2EP8wxWindow':
C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:16: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK8wxLocale9GetStringEPKcS1_'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text$_ZN8wxStringC1EPKcj[wxString::wxString(char const*, unsigned int)]+0x2c):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:16: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8wxString8InitWithEPKcjj'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text$_ZN8wxDialogC2Ev[wxDialog::wxDialog()]+0x4b):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:16: undefined reference to `_imp___ZTV8wxDialog'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text$_ZN8wxDialogC2Ev[wxDialog::wxDialog()]+0x5b):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:16: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8wxDialog4InitEv'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text$_ZN12wxDialogBaseD2Ev[wxDialogBase::~wxDialogBase()]+0xa):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:16: undefined reference to `_imp___ZTV12wxDialogBase'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text$_ZN16wxTopLevelWindowD2Ev[wxTopLevelWindow::~wxTopLevelWindow()]+0x16):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:16: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN19wxTopLevelWindowMSWD2Ev'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text$_ZN12wxDialogBaseC2Ev[wxDialogBase::wxDialogBase()]+0x4b):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:16: undefined reference to `_imp___ZTV12wxDialogBase'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text$_ZN12wxDialogBaseC2Ev[wxDialogBase::wxDialogBase()]+0x68):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:18: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN18wxControlContainerC1EP8wxWindow'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text$_ZN12wxDialogBaseC2Ev[wxDialogBase::wxDialogBase()]+0x7c):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:18: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxDialogBase4InitEv'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text$_ZN16wxTopLevelWindowC2Ev[wxTopLevelWindow::wxTopLevelWindow()]+0x57):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:16: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN19wxTopLevelWindowMSW4InitEv'
.objs\sdk\autodetectcompilers.o(.text$_ZN16wxTopLevelWindowC2Ev[wxTopLevelWindow::wxTopLevelWindow()]+0x7c):C:/Programs/codeblocks/CODEBLOCKS_1_0RC2_FINAL/src/sdk/autodetectcompilers.cpp:18: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN19wxTopLevelWindowMSWD2Ev'

sethjackson

Re: C::B CVS compilation (undefined reference problem)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 02:19:36 pm »
It might help if you use wx2.6.1. C::B 1.0 RC2 and CVS use wx2.6.1. :)

gmolos

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 03:00:12 pm »
I use C::B 1.0 RC2
I try to compile C::B 1.0 RC2 from cvs
I have also wxWidgets 2.6.0
wxScintilla does not link with it (it has similar undefined reference problems (with stc compiled) )
 :( :( :(  :x :x :x

gmolos

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 04:34:07 pm »
I found the problem. :oops:
After C::B installation i installed Dev-cpp
I had an old (minimal) version of mingw from dev-cpp and a new (full) version for C::B (3.4.2)
I do not remember but posibly i have compiled some libs with one version and some others with new version...
I uninstalled Dev-cpp and its mingw
I cleaned everything-everything-everything
And finally i compiled again the hole world.
Now i have no problem at all.