Author Topic: Installing 64bit?  (Read 14692 times)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Installing 64bit?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 10:38:03 pm »
I don't use MinGW64 and have only VC200x (don't know exactly) installed for testing purposes on onbe of my virtual machines.
But on my debian system I use several versions of gcc 4.1, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5 (all 64-bit) mingw32-cross-compiler, compiler-scripts using ccache, gdc and I can switch between them flawlessly, even if I just have  created (copied) a new compiler.
So I wonder what happens for you.

One question that just comes in my mind: do you use a project or do you try to compile single files ?

Offline b105xor

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Installing 64bit?
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 10:50:08 pm »
I am using a project or workspace with a few projects inside.  One of the first things I did when I was trying to figure this out was to look in the workspace config file which was aggravatingly updated with the 64bit tools, even though it was still using the 32bit tools. 

I honestly don't use the VS2005 on this machine, so I have no direct knowledge that it is functional, but the drive image I am using has been duplicated onto a few thousand machines other people are using daily, so it should be fine.  I have no idea why C:B doesn't like it.

Its fine though if it rejects a toolset and then moves on, just as long as it gives a message when it does.  I would prefer a dialog box, but that is just me nit-picking.  But definitely some form of communication is required when C:B does something I didn't tell it to do (e.g. pick some other toolset and charge ahead).