Author Topic: Developing 64 bit apps under 32 bit. What compile options for external lib ?  (Read 3878 times)

Offline Juanma Font

• Single posting newcomer
Hellooo ¡¡

I am poor, not enought money to change my old pc with old architecture of 32bits.  ;)

I'm developing a graphics project, trying to build the .deb packet for 32bits version,  but also, I would produce .deb packet for 64bits version.

I read this wiki page -> http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Developing_32_bit_apps_under_64_bit_Linux_%28Ubuntu%29
   and applied all that there is said, but with inverted number of bits,  trying to develop 64bits from 32bits ;)

Now,  I have :

/usr/include....  (this is my real architecture , 32 bits)

and

/usr/i64/include   (this is for the"extra" architecture, 64 bits)

The problem is that my project uses boost libraries.. ( www.boost.org )

I downloaded 64 bits  version of boost and "installed/descompress" into /usr/i64/include/boost

I create a new target on C::B  into my project  called "Release64" (like the wiki page says)

and this are the build options->Compiler Settings->other options  
---------------------------
-m64
`wx-config --prefix=/usr/i64 --cflags`
`gsl-config --prefix=/usr/i64 --cflags`
-Winvalid-pch
-include wx_pch.h
-I/usr/i64/include/boost
----------------------------

Then, when begin try to compile, all goes ok, until  compile one file which need some boost code..

That is what "Build log" show   (note that  the system is searching into  /usr/i64/include/boost/gil  when try to compile "blend.cpp" )

-------------- Build: Release64 in zeronoise ---------------

Precompiling header: wx_pch.h
Compiling: ZNApp.cpp
Compiling: ZNMain.cpp
Compiling: ZnGUIFrame.cpp
Compiling: bigmodule.cpp
Compiling: blend.cpp
/home/juanma/proyectos/codeblocks/zeronoise/blend.cpp: In member function ‘void Blend::LoadBlendMap()’:
/home/juanma/proyectos/codeblocks/zeronoise/blend.cpp:130: error: no match for ‘operator=’ in ‘dimensions = boost::gil::png_read_dimensions(const char*)()’
/usr/i64/include/boost/gil/utilities.hpp:78: note: candidates are: boost::gil::point2<T>& boost::gil::point2<T>::operator=(const boost::gil::point2<T>&) [with T = int]

....  blah.. blah....

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, thereis not problem for target "Release32"

what is happenig ?

Thanks...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 08:17:22 pm by Juanma Font »

Offline Juanma Font

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Developing 64 bit apps under 32 bit. ? (SOLVED) external lib bug?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 08:48:45 pm »
Hello,  the question has been solved into another forum, the boost user mail list.

Look, there is 'a bug' when try to compile under 64bits...

The solution can be see here -> http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2010/03/57506.php

So, It was not an especial option to compile 64bits under 32bits system.

Thank you....