Author Topic: shared libraries in a common directory  (Read 2223 times)

timhirrel

shared libraries in a common directory
« on: March 19, 2010, 07:10:38 pm »
Greetings,

I am using codeblocks to create a linux application consisting of an executable and several shared libraries. All build output is sent to a common directory. When building the executable, the directory containing the shared libraries is specified as a relative path in the linker tab of build options. The application runs fine within codeblocks, but when attempting to run the app from a browser or terminal, it fails saying the shared libraries were not found in the relative path, even though they are contained in the same directory as the executable. Now, under msw, the directory containing the executable will always be checked for required shared libraries, but this doesn't seem to the case with linux. I don't want to create the same relative paths when installing the app as were used for building the app. So, my question is, is there some way to get the program to use shared libraries that are in the same directory as the executable? (preferably without changing the build directories and without modifying system variables).

Thanks, Tim