Author Topic: Added new comment type for the ToDo plug-in.  (Read 8907 times)

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
Added new comment type for the ToDo plug-in.
« on: March 05, 2010, 09:08:03 pm »
 Hi Guys,

I have added a new comment type to the ToDo plug-in. This one inserts a doxygen-style "\todo" tag with a C-style comment leader. For example, if you had a doxygen block like this:

Code
/*! \brief	Add comment lines for a function's parameters and return type in the selected style.
 * \param control cbStyledTextCtrl*  The editor's wxStyledTextControl.
 * \param iPos int&               The current editor position.
 * \param sMidComment     wxString           The comment tag that starts each line in a block.
 * \param sTagParam       wxString           The doxygen tag for a parameter description.
 * \param sTagReturn      wxString   The doxygen tag for a return value description.
 * \param sParams wxString   A string containing the parameters of the function being documented.
 * \param sReturn wxString   A string containing the return type of the function being documented.
 * \return void
 */

None of the existing options would insert an item that's valid for both the plug-in and doxygen. The

Code
\\\ \todo (do something)

type works for the C++-style comment but not for the C-styled one. I have added a new type called "Doxygen C style comment (in block)" which inserts this

Code
 *  \todo (do something)

It will produce a new item that is valid in doxygen's C-styled comment block, e.g.

Code
/*! \brief	Add comment lines for a function's parameters and return type in the selected style.
 * \param control cbStyledTextCtrl*  The editor's wxStyledTextControl.
 * \param iPos int&               The current editor position.
 * \param sMidComment     wxString           The comment tag that starts each line in a block.
 * \param sTagParam       wxString           The doxygen tag for a parameter description.
 * \param sTagReturn      wxString   The doxygen tag for a return value description.
 * \param sParams wxString   A string containing the parameters of the function being documented.
 * \param sReturn wxString   A string containing the return type of the function being documented.
 * \return void
 * \todo deal with multiple return type keywords. Works in regex test bed but not in code!
 */

Used in conjunction with the "New line above..." or "New line below..." position options, you can now insert valid doxygen in one hit with the plug-in.

My main motivation for doing this was to make it easier to create "\todo" entries when working with DoxyBlocks (links below).

You can find it on Berlios at: https://developer.berlios.de/patch/?group_id=5358. The patch is attached.

I hope you find it useful, I certainly have.

Cheers,

Cryo.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:10:33 pm by Cryogen »