Author Topic: The 27 February 2010 build (6181) is out.  (Read 158984 times)

Offline critic

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 27 February 2010 build (6181) is out.
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2010, 12:08:54 pm »
Now I use C::B and I have a lof of files opened. Drop down list in the upper-right side of editor is not sorted and it's very difficult to search file in it. I think it must be sorted.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2010, 01:37:45 pm »
Now I use C::B and I have a lof of files opened. Drop down list in the upper-right side of editor is not sorted and it's very difficult to search file in it. I think it must be sorted.
that makes sense, could you file a request (or event a bug) for it on our berlios page so this doesn't get lost.

EDIT : note to CB developers, I have no idea how it was back in our previous release, but if back then it was sorted, we should sort it back before a new release.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2010, 10:23:21 pm »
that makes sense, could you file a request (or event a bug) for it on our berlios page so this doesn't get lost.

EDIT : note to CB developers, I have no idea how it was back in our previous release, but if back then it was sorted, we should sort it back before a new release.
I suggest using the open files list plugin ("View -> Open files list"), it uses a sorted list.

EDIT:
I just tested the 8.02 behaviour and it also shows the dropdownlist in the same order the tabs are displayed.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 10:36:03 pm by jens »

Offline GaoHan

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2010, 04:07:24 am »
Hello all,

First of all thank you for the fantastic program! Took me a while, but got it now all set up with CMake as makefile generator, but it works like a charm now!

Secondly, I am not sure if it is a bug or something, but sometimes when I would open a new dialog, for example for making a new project, the dialog is sometimes not shown in front but behind the main screen (at least I assume that, because i always run CB fullscreen). As a result the main window locks up, and there is no way to get the dialog to the front. No matter where I click in the screen, I will hear the Windows Plung sound. The only thing i can do in such a moment is to kill the process by the task-manager. I have lost quite some data in this way, but I need to use the SVN build for the prebuild steps needed with CMake.

Any advice is appreciated!

Gao Han

PS: I am running C::B build 6181 on Windows 7 x64 together with GNU GCC.

Offline foobar123

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2010, 05:10:52 pm »
Hi! Nice to hear that there will be a new release.

"svn build rev 6202 (2010-04-06 05:38:22) gcc 4.3.4 Linux/unicode - 32 bit" pops up a message on startup which I can't read because it's white-on-yellow. The color scheme is hard-coded to use black text in some places (like output tabs) which makes the text unreadable in sensible (i. e. bright-on-dark) system color schemes.

Another bug: Scrolling the editor with the mouse wheel doesn't work properly. If I scroll the wheel *very* slowly, the GUI reacts to every wheel movement by scrolling the editor text up and down; but if I scroll faster, most mouse wheel events seem to be lost, and the editor text hardly scrolls at all.

Hmmm. I recompiled & installed both wxWidgets 2.8.10 and Code::Blocks, and now Code::Blocks crashes on startup. Does anybody know why that happens? ... I'm attaching the debug report.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2010, 05:35:40 pm »
foobar123: can you test http://developer.berlios.de/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=2855&group_id=5358 to see if it fixes the dark theme problems?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline foobar123

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2010, 08:30:26 pm »
I would test the patch if I could get any version to start. The following happens with the latest SVN tip and with revision 6181, too - this output is from 6181:
Code
 codeblocks 
Initialize EditColourSet .....
Initialize EditColourSet: done.
Loading toolbar...
Debugger: loaded
08:08:57 PM: Error: Can't load image from file '�����������������������������������������������������������)����������������������������������)�����������������/images/wxsmith/wxFileDialog32.png': file does not exist.
08:08:57 PM: Error: Can't load image from file '�����������������������������������������������������������)����������������������������������)�����������������/images/wxsmith/wxFileDialog16.png': file does not exist.
08:08:57 PM: Error: Can't load image from file [...]
08:08:57 PM: Error: Can't load image from file '�����������������������������������������������������������)����������������������������������)�����������������/images/wxsmith/wxButton32.png': file does not exist.
08:08:57 PM: Error: Can't load image from file '�����������������������������������������������������������)����������������������������������)�����������������/images/wxsmith/wxButton16.png': file does not exist.
08:08:57 PM: Error: Can't load image from file '�����������������������������������������������������������)����������������������������������)�����������������/images/wxsmith/wxGridSizer32.png': file does not exist.
08:08:57 PM: Error: Can't load image from file '�����������������������������������������������������������)����������������������������������)�����������������/images/wxsmith/wxGridSizer16.png': file does not exist.
08:08:57 PM: Error: Can't load image from file '�����������������������������������������������������������)����������������������������������)�����������������/images/wxsmith/wxHtmlWindow32.png': file does not exist.
08:08:57 PM: Error: Can't load image from file '�����������������������������������������������������������)����������������������������������)�����������������/images/wxsmith/wxHtmlWindow16.png': file does not exist.
08:08:57 PM: Error: Can't load image from file '�����������������������������������������������������������)����������������������������������)�����������������/images/wxsmith/wxStaticLine32.png': file does not exist.
08:08:57 PM: Error: Can't load image from file '�����������������������������������������������������������)����������������������������������)�����������������/images/wxsmith/wxStaticLine16.png': file does not exist.
08:08:57 PM: Error: Can't load image from file '�����������������������������������������������������������)����������������������������������)�����������������/images/wxsmith/wxScrolledWindow32.png': file does not exist.
08:08:57 PM: Error: Can't load image from file '�����������������������������������������������������������)����������������������������������)�����������������/images/wxsmith/wxScrolledWindow16.png': file does not exist.
Aborted (core dumped)

Offline foobar123

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2010, 09:43:08 pm »
OK, so I figured out that if I remove any package with "codeblocks" and "wx" in the name, then re-install both the wxGtk 2.8.10 and Code::Blocks from source, the above error goes away. Once I reinstall a wxGtk package, problem reappears. So apparently its a subtle incompatibility between recent Code::Blocks code and the wxGtk packages that's causing the error.

Unfortunately other apps depend on the wxGtk packages, so I now have the choice of running either recent Code::Blocks, or *any* other app that uses wxGtk.

:-(

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2010, 09:46:02 pm »
OS? You should link C::B use the same library files (.so-s) for the building and running C::B, else strange things can happen.

Why not install wxGTK-dev?
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline foobar123

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2010, 10:06:17 pm »

Because wxgtk-dev depends on the package which makes Code::Blocks crash, like I explained above.

I'm using Ubuntu 9.10.

I also tried the apt line Jens recommends at http://apt.jenslody.de/ , but the packages from that repository are incompatible too.

When I install both the wxGtk I compiled from source and the packaged versions, Code::Blocks crashes too - it seems to prefer the packaged, incompatible version.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2010, 10:11:23 pm »

Because wxgtk-dev depends on the package which makes Code::Blocks crash, like I explained above.

I'm using Ubuntu 9.10.

I also tried the apt line Jens recommends at http://apt.jenslody.de/ , but the packages from that repository are incompatible too.

When I install both the wxGtk I compiled from source and the packaged versions, Code::Blocks crashes too - it seems to prefer the packaged, incompatible version.

Did you read this note:
Quote from: http://apt.jenslody.de/
If you want to use my packages on ubuntu 9.10 (karmic koala) you have to use the packages provided by http://apt.wxwidgets.org  for jaunty, because the wx2.8.10 packages from ubuntu are not compatible with the packages from http://apt.wxwidgets.org.
There exists also a repository containing packages for ubuntu, maintained by pasgui, see here how to use it.

Offline foobar123

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2010, 11:39:58 pm »
Did you read this note:
Quote from: http://apt.jenslody.de/
If you want to use my packages on ubuntu 9.10 (karmic koala) you have to use the packages provided by http://apt.wxwidgets.org  for jaunty, because the wx2.8.10 packages from ubuntu are not compatible with the packages from http://apt.wxwidgets.org.
There exists also a repository containing packages for ubuntu, maintained by pasgui, see here how to use it.

The mentioned Ubuntu repository gives me the 8.02 code, not the code for the nightly build; and the source for the nightly build which I pulled from SVN doesn't build against the wxgtk-dev packages from the Ubuntu repository. First error is
Code
In file included from ../../../src/include/sdk_precomp.h:13,
                 from tinywxuni.cpp:1:
../../../src/include/sdk_common.h:34:23: error: wx/wxprec.h: No such file or directory
I installed the dev packages as recommended with "sudo apt-get install libwxgtk2.8-0 libwxgtk2.8-dev wx2.8-headers wx-common".

I'm now trying to build against the wxgtk2.8.10 which I installed from source, while keeping the wxgtk packages from pasgui's Ubuntu repositories installed, so that I can run other wxgtk apps.

Edit: Well, no; that didn't work out. Code::Blocks SVN rev. 6181 + wxgtk source + wxgtk packages from pasgui's Ubuntu repos still crashes.
I have to use other wx apps, so it's not possible to test any patch. Sorry.

Update: Finally. It's running!!!
Don't ask me what exactly I did, but I must have hit the right package combination somehow. Wow. :)

Update: The patch from http://developer.berlios.de/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=2855&group_id=5358 fixes the white-on-yellow Warning text (but not the hardcoded-to-black Build messages text).  Please apply this patch.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:49:08 am by foobar123 »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2010, 01:01:23 am »
... (but not the hardcoded-to-black Build messages text).  ...
Can you show me a screenshot?

edit: also the name of the theme you're using
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:06:04 am by oBFusCATed »

Offline foobar123

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2010, 01:28:53 am »
Sure.  Here's a screenshot with the Xfce-dusk theme. I usually hand-tweak the colors a bit with Gnome Color Chooser (I think it's *too* dark), but this is the plain unmodified theme.

While I'm at it =) The forum entry boxes also have the dark-on-dark problem. Same thing, probably: Foreground is set to black, but background color is left at the default, so when the default is dark, it's unreadable.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:35:15 am by foobar123 »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2010, 11:09:29 am »
Oh, I've once tried to fix this but failed... it is added to my TODO for another try...