Author Topic: The 27 February 2010 build (6181) is out.  (Read 158303 times)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 27 February 2010 build (6181) is out.
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2010, 03:45:11 pm »
i.e. projects those building goes through makrfile generation?
The problem here is: We cannot do a lot of things using Makefiles, they are just too limited. Take scripting in pre- and post-build steps for example. So a Makefile generation will always be only a sub-set of what's actually possible.

However, I see the chance for a more generic Makefile generator plugin (one exists already, but unsupported btw) to which other plugins (like a qt plugin) could contribute. I think that's the way to go... IMHO...
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2010, 03:48:39 pm »
However, I see the chance for a more generic Makefile generator plugin (one exists already, but unsupported btw) to which other plugins (like a qt plugin) could contribute. I think that's the way to go... IMHO...
The way to go is a BuildSystemConverterPlugin + subplugins or something like that:)
But, I don't have inspiration to do it:)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline galenchang

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2010, 02:42:59 am »
Hello,

I don't know if this is the suitable place to post a bug report, but I've found that svn 6181 will crash when I drag the compiler toolbar off it's original position. I'm using windows 7. When I dragged the toolbar toward the bottom of the screen, the window became white and the cursor became busy style. After a while windows say the program must be terminated.

Notice the direction is to down to bottom, when I dragged it to the right, everything is OK.

I gave the report file generated by CB here. Hope someone would find the cause and fix it.

Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 02:45:06 am by galenchang »

Offline nanyu

• Almost regular
  • nanyu
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2010, 03:10:46 am »
Hello,

I don't know if this is the suitable place to post a bug report, but I've found that svn 6181 will crash when I drag the compiler toolbar off it's original position. I'm using windows 7. When I dragged the toolbar toward the bottom of the screen, the window became white and the cursor became busy style. After a while windows say the program must be terminated.

Notice the direction is to down to bottom, when I dragged it to the right, everything is OK.

I gave the report file generated by CB here. Hope someone would find the cause and fix it.

Thanks.

pls update the wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll ... files... see : http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,3232.0.html

Offline galenchang

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2010, 06:01:50 am »
pls update the wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll ... files... see : http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,3232.0.html

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll, downloaded from the links of first post of this thread. The version number is 2.8.10.0 from the file property dialog.  And the 7z package name is "wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2810_gcc441.7z".

So I still think there is a potential bug hide.

Thanks.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2010, 08:08:53 am »
no no, that is correct. Because this is a new build with a different compiler ot the same sources, the dll could keep it's name, put the distribution package of it (the zip) got a new name to make sure which one it is.

yanqingan

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2010, 09:25:02 am »
Thank you ,I like this very much

Offline critic

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2010, 02:45:37 pm »
In my plugin I catch cbEVT_COMPILER_STARTED event. When I build single project - all works fine, but when I choose Build workspace - only one project is built. I checked this and found that cbEVT_COMPILER_STARTED sended only one time for active project in workspace. But to build all workspace projects (Qt projects, for example) I need do it by activating and building them by hands - not good :(
May be it's a bug?

Offline critic

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2010, 05:50:52 am »
It seems I found the problem - it's in methods where DoPrepareQueue method is called

For example (compilergcc.cpp, line 2714)
Code
int CompilerGCC::DoBuild(const wxString& target, bool clean, bool build, bool clearLog)
{
    wxString realTarget = target;
    if (realTarget.IsEmpty())
        realTarget = GetTargetString();

if (!StopRunningDebugger())
        return -1;

if (!CheckProject())
    {
        // no active project
        if (Manager::Get()->GetEditorManager()->GetActiveEditor())
            return CompileFile(Manager::Get()->GetEditorManager()->GetActiveEditor()->GetFilename());
        return -1;
    }

if (realTarget.IsEmpty())
        return -1;

if (!m_IsWorkspaceOperation)
    {
        DoClearErrors();
        InitBuildLog(false);
//    if (!m_IsWorkspaceOperation)
        DoPrepareQueue(clearLog);
    }

PreprocessJob(m_Project, realTarget);
    if (m_BuildJobTargetsList.empty())
    {
        return -1;
    }
    InitBuildState(bjProject, realTarget);
    if (DoBuild(clean, build))
    {
        return -2;
    }
    return DoRunQueue();
}

and

Code
void CompilerGCC::DoPrepareQueue(bool clearLog)
{
    if (m_CommandQueue.GetCount() == 0)
    {
        CodeBlocksEvent evt(cbEVT_COMPILER_STARTED, 0, m_Project, 0, this);
        Manager::Get()->ProcessEvent(evt);

if(clearLog)
            ClearLog();
        DoClearErrors();
        // wxStartTimer();
        m_StartTimer = wxGetLocalTimeMillis();
    }
    Manager::Yield();
}

cbEVT_COMPILER_STARTED is sended from DoPrepareQueue method, but the latter is not called for workspace operations.

I don't know, maybe there is another way to do makefile generation in my plugin?

Offline critic

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2010, 05:59:57 am »
Else I found that building of referenced projects for some project is also don't work correctly - I think this is related to my previous post

Offline skirby

• Almost regular
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2010, 03:04:52 pm »
Hello,

I have found strange bugs when installing Code::Blocks in virtual machine (Windows XP and Virtual Box v3.1.4)
The way to reproduce it is very easy.
Simply install Code:Blocks from the beginning.
- First, install codeblocks-8.02mingw-setup.exe (with standard or full install)
- Now, apply the last Nightly Build with : CB_20100227_rev6181_win32.7z, mingwm10_gcc441.7z and wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2810_gcc441.7z
- Launch Code::Blocks => you get an error message (see screenshot)

The problem does not exists if I launch Code::Blocks directly after having installed codeblocks-8.02mingw-setup.exe (without nightly build)

The problem comes from the file startup.script which is corrupted. Just after the following line :
GetScriptingManager().RegisterScriptMenu(_("&Settings") + _T("/-") + _("Edit startup script"), _T("edit_startup_script.script"), false);
In line 18, you will find this:
alse);

And more, Code::Blocks crash when clicking in menu "Settings" and "Compiler and debugger"
(See codeblocks.RPT in attachment for more information)

These "bugs" do not exist when installing Code::Blocks normally (not in virtual machine)

Can you confirm this behavior?

Thanks and have a nice day.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:09:00 pm by skirby »

stefanos_

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2010, 05:03:13 pm »
You should not mix nightly builds with stable editions. Please read the link below:

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,3232.0.html

Regards,

stefanos_

Offline franzl

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2010, 12:48:15 pm »
When I create a new project with the current nightly on Linux with the Intel C++ Compiler the default compiler settings are not correct. Codeblocks uses the windows compiler settings, but they differ from those which are needed under Linux.

http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/hpc/compilerpro/en-us/cpp/lin/compiler_c/index.htm

Creating a C/C++ project the defaults are:
- general: /EHs (enable synchronous C++ exception handling model)
- Debug: /Zi (generate full debugging information in the object file)
- Release: /O2 (enable optimizations for speed)

Correct ones would be:
- general: (not existing under Linux)
- Debug: -g
- Release: -O2

kind regards
Franzl

Offline Jan van den Borst

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2010, 12:04:20 pm »
Hi All,
I'm using an custom compiler Keil Arm.

I constantly experiencing crashes in the projectfileoptionsdlg when unchecking the link and compile checkbox.
I traced down the error to line 402 of the projectfileoptionsdlg.cpp file. Checking the compiler fixes the error but probably is not what you want:

void ProjectFileOptionsDlg::SaveBuildCommandSelection()
{
    Compiler* compiler = CompilerFactory::GetCompiler(m_LastBuildStageCompilerSel);
    if(compiler)
    {
      m_ProjectFile->customBuild[compiler->GetID()].useCustomBuildCommand = XRCCTRL(*this, "chkBuildStage", wxCheckBox)->GetValue();
      m_ProjectFile->customBuild[compiler->GetID()].buildCommand          = XRCCTRL(*this, "txtBuildStage", wxTextCtrl)->GetValue();
    }
}

Regards
Jan

Offline critic

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2010, 06:49:40 am »
Can you add to C::B:
  • adding of `;` while braces completion for classes, structures
Code
class Name
{

};// here
  • move words `private`, `protected`, `public` to the position as configured in source formatter
Code
In source formatter settings there is option `Indent classes (keywords public:, protected: and private:)`

As I see source formatter doesn't work for me (other options don't work too) and I don't know why (plugin is enabled and configured).
    Have you any comments about this?