Author Topic: The 27 February 2010 build (6181) is out.  (Read 158286 times)

Offline elettronica67

• Single posting newcomer
Re: The 27 February 2010 build (6181) is out.
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 08:16:08 pm »
Hi, thank you for your job
on the windows distribution I have found some icons missing.
I have copied the icon folders from the previous nightly-build (6088) and all seems to work fine.

The missingo folders are:
share\CodeBlocks\images\codesnippets
share\CodeBlocks\images\ThreadSearch
share\CodeBlocks\images\wxsmith

On Ubuntu all works fine!!

Thanks again
Paolo

stefanos_

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 10:00:29 pm »
Current svn version 6182 just crashed while had all Code::Blocks's wxs open for GUI comprehesion, and decided to close workspace. Upon closing it crashed and an RPT file was created.

Here is the crash report: http://pastebin.ca/1821790

System specs:

• Windows XP SP3
  • Code::Blocks svn 6182
  • MinGW 5.1.6 (with the latest updates installed)

I have tried to reproduce the same bug but unfortunately I couldn't.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Stefanos

Offline wavelet

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2010, 01:56:16 am »
good job  :D
If you got a dream, you gotta protect it.

Offline critic

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2010, 05:51:18 am »
Problem with automatic insertion of double quotes (") - in '(' and ')' I place autogenerated double quote:

Code
"(") // it's ok
"(")some_code // double quote mustn't be generated before some_code if there is no space between them
some_code"(") // double quote mustn't be generated after some_code if there is no space between them

I like this feature, but the above behaviour is noisy - I need to delete autogenerated double quote.

Did you notice this: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,11875.msg81723.html#msg81723 about autogeneration of scopes ({})?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 05:53:49 am by critic »

Offline blueshake

• Regular
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2010, 08:26:54 am »
Problem with automatic insertion of double quotes (") - in '(' and ')' I place autogenerated double quote:

Code
"(") // it's ok
"(")some_code // double quote mustn't be generated before some_code if there is no space between them
some_code"(") // double quote mustn't be generated after some_code if there is no space between them

I like this feature, but the above behaviour is noisy - I need to delete autogenerated double quote.

Did you notice this: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,11875.msg81723.html#msg81723 about autogeneration of scopes ({})?

@critic

sorry to say I failed to make a patch for this.Today I spend time on it and find it is diffcult to do this.I am not statisfied with the reuslt. :(if you want to do this.you can learn something from eranif's codelite, in the file cl_editor.cpp.
Keep low and hear the sadness of little dog.
I fall in love with a girl,but I don't dare to tell her.What should I do?

Offline Lord Delvin

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2010, 10:01:09 am »
Is it possible to change behavior of f11(switching between header/source) To switch to the source/header in the same namespace/directory? In any version tested, that should be all nightlies in the last 3 months, f11 seems to switch to some sort of "default" header.

As allways: I love what you do:)

EDIT: @Xaviou/pasgui: Is there a reason why theres no current amd64 build in the lpg repo?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 10:09:50 am by Lord Delvin »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2010, 10:13:51 am »
Is it possible to change behavior of f11(switching between header/source) To switch to the source/header in the same namespace/directory? In any version tested, that should be all nightlies in the last 3 months, f11 seems to switch to some sort of "default" header.

As allways: I love what you do:)

EDIT: @Xaviou/pasgui: Is there a reason why theres no current amd64 build in the lpg repo?
If I can remember, we have discussed this several months ago, and morten has done some thing in the CC's code. I think the defaualt way is switch the files in the same folder. Can you give me a specific example? Also, we have a CC's testing workspace in the SVN source, can you test it?
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2010, 10:45:18 am »
Olly: this has nothing to do with CC
Lord Delvin: there was a discussion but I think no one implemented the proposed solution (corrections to this statement are welcome)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Lord Delvin

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2010, 11:58:18 am »
Theres an easy and fast way to reproduce what i mean:

Create an empty project.
Create new Class -> n1::Test
Create new Class -> n2::Test

goto one ef n2::Test's files and press F11.

I never wanted to mess with your code, but maybe i will get the svn and try to fix that.

EDIT: Im unable to build Codeblocks (6181 and current, that was 6187 i think). Build and install works fine, but codeblocks refuses to start with error:
"codeblocks: symbol lookup error: codeblocks: undefined symbol: _ZTI17wxScrollingDialog"
(I'm using wx-dev packages version 2.8.10 from wx repository)

@ollydbg: I dont CC can create this bug, but i never looked at CB's code.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 02:03:04 pm by Lord Delvin »

Offline pasgui

• Almost regular
    • LGP
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2010, 10:46:44 pm »

In fact, I can build only i386 and Xaviou provides the amd64 builds.

best regards, pasgui

Offline Kazade

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2010, 10:25:05 am »
I don't suppose anyone is building AMD64 packages for Lucid yet? I've tried the ones from both Pasgui's and Jens' repositories both are incompatible with the wxwidgets in Lucid:

Code
codeblocks: relocation error: /usr/lib/libcodeblocks.so.0: symbol _Z18wxSafeConvertWX2MBPKw, version WXU_2.8.2 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link time reference

Offline pasgui

• Almost regular
    • LGP
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2010, 12:16:26 pm »
I don't suppose anyone is building AMD64 packages for Lucid yet? I've tried the ones from both Pasgui's and Jens' repositories both are incompatible with the wxwidgets in Lucid:

Code
codeblocks: relocation error: /usr/lib/libcodeblocks.so.0: symbol _Z18wxSafeConvertWX2MBPKw, version WXU_2.8.2 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link time reference

Try to install wxWidgets from wxWidgets.org: jaunty-wx instead of packages from lucid

Best regards, pasgui

Offline Kazade

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2010, 09:31:15 am »

Code

Try to install wxWidgets from wxWidgets.org: jaunty-wx instead of packages from lucid

Best regards, pasgui

Thanks pasgui, but I tried that. The version in Lucid supersedes the one in the repository, I could force the version but I don't want to break anything else.

For now I've self-compiled Code::Blocks which is working fine :)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2010, 07:07:55 am »
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline critic

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2010, 12:12:24 pm »
I made C::B plugin to build Qt projects (QtHelper). If you taste it you will see that it duplicates a lot of codeblocks' project settings widgets and forms. It is because of that this plugin generates makefile from C::B's project and then compiler uses this makefile for build and to work with C::B's project (configure it) I must duplicate these setting widgets because in projects those use custom makefile these options are disabled.

Somebody on this forum adviced me to do so (to duplicate), but the more I use C::B the more widgets I need to duplicate - it's not good - I copy you work.

May be it will be better to allow not only `custom makefile projects`, but simply `makefile projects`, i.e. projects those building goes through makrfile generation?

Please, answer me.
With regards, Mihail.