Author Topic: Doxygen plugin  (Read 284881 times)

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
Re: Doxygen plugin
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2010, 09:44:41 pm »

Hi Guys,

Released version 1.2.204 of DoxyBlocks
-Added: The ability to create separate output directories for projects that live in the same directory.
-Added: Missing warning when trying to run HTML Help and it's not found.

With the addition of the separate directory functionality, I have reached the end of my current To-Do list. I'm still open to changes and additions and have been thinking about things such as being able to display man docs in the internal viewer and the option to display additional icons on the toolbar to view doc types. I still need to sort out what's going on with .cbplugins and on Linux in general and there are bound to be bug reports as people start to use it more but, for now, the bulk of the work is done.

Enjoy.

Offline codeur

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Code::Blocks EDU-Portable
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2010, 12:16:42 am »
A great milestone!
BTW: With my builds the version of doxyblocks shown by the plugins manager has been 0.3.286 for as long as I remember. Why would that be?

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2010, 03:25:17 am »
 Hey,

A great milestone!
BTW: With my builds the version of doxyblocks shown by the plugins manager has been 0.3.286 for as long as I remember. Why would that be?

I would say that it's because manifest.xml is not being updated. That's where that version string comes from. Try deleting it and updating it from SVN.

Cheers,

G.

[EDIT] BTW, if you check Help/Plugins/DoxyBlocks after the update you'll find that your name has been immortalised in code since 1.2.213. :-)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 04:20:26 am by Cryogen »

Offline codeur

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2010, 03:36:11 am »
That's what I thought, but the current manifest.xml says:   <Value version="1.2.209" />
version.h is also correct with version "1.2.209.5894"
... strange.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2010, 04:28:57 am »
That's what I thought, but the current manifest.xml says:   <Value version="1.2.209" />
version.h is also correct with version "1.2.209.5894"
... strange.

No, it says:

<Value version="1.2.213" />

as of a few minutes ago. Try updating now.  :D

Cheers.

Offline codeur

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2010, 07:22:46 am »
... I thought you were going out with your girl this week-end..?

Since you are doing some cleanups, the history on the mainpage of DoxyBlocks docs at the bottom of the doxyblocks.h header needs updating.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2010, 12:05:45 pm »
I think Jens is the Linux man so we'll just have to wait for him to have the time, I guess.  :evil:

My advice: take the rest of the week and the week-end off. Spring is coming (if you are in the Northern hemisphere), take your girl out for a great bushwalk and come back refreshed. The blasted code can wait.

I'm at work until friday (most likely late) evening, until 9 or 10 pm each day (I have internet just since half an hour here after fighting the whole week with german telecom and some ignorant builder who cut our phone cable multiple times).

I hope I will find the time to look into it at the weekend.
But it worked for me without problems (automake and build by C::B).
If you build with automake-system, devel directory is not used.

Back at home, I created two patches, one against C::B's trunk and one against DoxyBlocks trunk.
I have doxyblocks sources in "src/plugins/contrib/doxyblocks".
You can use the patches with "patch -p0 < [patch-file]" from the source-directories (the one from C::B's sources, the other from "src/plugins/contrib/doxyblocks".

It should work with automake and from inside C::B.
A .cbplugin-file is not created, because it's usability highly depends on the distros library versions and might or might not work.

By the way, you should remove the .depend and .layout files from svn and make sure, that the linux/unix specific files do not get dos line-endings (especially the update-script) and the update-script has to be executable.

Ah, and I fixed a bug, that can lead to a crash if no editor is opened in "DoxyBlocks.cpp"

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2010, 08:20:00 pm »
... I thought you were going out with your girl this week-end..?

Since you are doing some cleanups, the history on the mainpage of DoxyBlocks docs at the bottom of the doxyblocks.h header needs updating.

Yes, well, we hadn't reached the weekend here, yet, and it's snowing now, so waddyagonnado? :-)

Thanks, it should be OK now with the next SVN.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2010, 08:27:20 pm »

Hi Guys,

Released version 1.2.218 of DoxyBlocks
-Fixed: Nasty bug that caused C::B to crash if no editors were open when DoxyBlocks functions were used.

I stumbled across the solution to the problem, last night, thankfully. Morten, please remove it from the questions list, I have to eat humble pie on this one.

Thanks.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2010, 08:47:29 pm »

Hi Jens,

Back at home, I created two patches, one against C::B's trunk and one against DoxyBlocks trunk.

Thanks. I have done much of that on Linux but, since it fails, haven't incorporated it into SVN. I'll tinker with these later today.

By the way, you should remove the .depend and .layout files from svn and make sure, that the linux/unix specific files do not get dos line-endings (especially the update-script) and the update-script has to be executable.

Roger that.

Ah, and I fixed a bug, that can lead to a crash if no editor is opened in "DoxyBlocks.cpp"

Yeah, me too but I think I like your solution better as it makes fewer calls. Thanks. Much appreciated.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2010, 04:39:38 am »
 Hi Jens/Guys,

Released version 1.2.221 of DoxyBlocks
-Fixed: Finally got it to run on Linux with Jens' help by integrating with contrib plug-ins and building from there.
-Updated: Changed my fix from 1.2.218 to Jens' version as it's more efficient.

At long last I've finally seen it running on Linux.  :mrgreen:

That's a really nice step forward, thanks for your efforts.

With that and the bug fix we're looking really good.

Hi Jens,

Thanks. I have done much of that on Linux but, since it fails, haven't incorporated it into SVN. I'll tinker with these later today.

My system still had some issues but I finally got it running. It looks like you created your own directory and used lower case. For consistency with the package and my setup, I have changed the couple of instances where your patch used "doxyblocks" to "DoxyBlocks". If you could do the same that would be appreciated. There are:

configure.in (3)
src/ContribPlugins-unix.workspace (1)
src/plugins/contrib/Makefile.am (1)
acinclude.m4 (1)

Attached is a copy of your patch with those changes made. Hopefully that will save you having to mess around.

Thanks again,

Gary.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline codeur

Re: Doxygen plugin - paths to documentation tools
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2010, 01:01:28 am »
This request is to make doxyblocks usable in portable versions of Code::Blocks.

In order to make DoxyBlocks portable, could the paths to the documentation executables in the general preferences screen be made to use Codeblocks variables? The paths to the tools could then be made relative to the CB installation.

As an example being able to enter something like $(CODEBLOCKS)\tool\Graphviz\bin\dot.exe
rather than E:\Program Files\codeblocks\tool\Graphviz\bin\dot.exe as the path would make doxyblocks usable in a portable CB installation.
Thanks.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Doxygen plugin - paths to documentation tools
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2010, 07:00:40 am »
As an example being able to enter something like $(CODEBLOCKS)\tool\Graphviz\bin\dot.exe
@Cryogen: True, you can achieve that easily using a call to macros manager before applying the path's. It's a one-liner per path.

BTW: Really, really: Nice work! I've just upgraded from 0.4 to the SVN... well done!
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2010, 07:13:22 am »
My system still had some issues but I finally got it running. It looks like you created your own directory and used lower case. For consistency with the package and my setup, I have changed the couple of instances where your patch used "doxyblocks" to "DoxyBlocks". If you could do the same that would be appreciated. There are:

I also had the DoxyBlocks-plugin in a CamelCase-named suubdirectory and only changed it to lower-case, because your svn-directory is in lower-case too.
The contrib-plugins not all use CamelCase (even if I prefer it as you can see at my "own" plugin IncrementalSearch).

In short: it's no problem to me (debian files have to be fixed accordingly, if debian build-scripts are used, of course).

Offline ptDev

• Almost regular
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2010, 12:06:43 pm »
Before anything else, thank you very much for making Doxygen so much easier to use! :D

I have a small feature request: is it possible to add the doxygen flags EXTRACT_PRIVATE and EXTRACT_STATIC explicitly to the "Doxygen Defaults" tab? Although I never check EXTRACT_ALL, the setting is overriden by them, and I would like to have control over the documentation of private class members.

Of course, I can easily edit the generated doxygen settings file to this end, but it would make a big difference for me if I could have it generated the way I need it from the get-go.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:33:15 pm by ptDev »