Author Topic: Doxygen plugin  (Read 285518 times)

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
Re: Doxygen plugin
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2010, 04:39:18 am »
 Hey Codeur,

-Added: The toolbar and menu are now disabled when all projects are closed and re-enabled when a project is opened.

There is something wrong with this (in my own Windows built that completes with 0 error 0 warning, I have not tried your .cbplugin). The menu and toolbar are disabled (greyed) when I close projects, but they are enabled when CB starts next on the "start here" screen (and no project loaded).  CB then dies some time afterwards. I have to uninstall doxyblocks to retrieve normal behaviour. The previous version was not doing this even though it would somehow kill CB if you tried to configure doxyblocks with no project open.

Hmmm, OK. Please try the latest version. There was a problem with saving prefs that I have just fixed. Failing that, I'll need some steps that I can replicate because I'm not seeing that in my latest builds. As you can see below I have added some additional behavior around enabling and disabling the toolbar.

Also, for reference, I use the .cbplugin. I will go and try building it into debug and using update and see what happens after that, just to see if that changes things.

Cheers.

UPDATE: 1.1.111 is behaving normally after a rebuild and update in Windows SVN 6182 and the toolbar appears to be enabled/disabled appropriately now.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:00:10 am by Cryogen »

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2010, 04:44:43 am »

I'm over-achieving today.  8)

Released version 1.1.111 of DoxyBlocks
-Updated: Made a matching HTML Help icon.
-Added: Block comments can now handle more than one return value keyword.
-Added: The toolbar is now disabled if there are no projects open on startup.
-Updated: Changed the log output when doxygen is running slightly.

Cheers.

Offline LordCB

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2010, 11:43:02 am »
Ok, I use NB 6181 for error please look at attachment thanx in advance

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline codeur

• Code::Blocks EDU-Portable
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2010, 12:58:35 pm »

Same here. I even built svn 6190 in order to see if it improved things. It does not.
However I have always had this very same error (same one as LordCB) with Gary's .cbplugins. I have to rebuild doxyblocks myself to get it to work.

The current svn update claims to be 1.1.79 (1.1.111 not committed?). It builds and loads OK when I build it myself with SVN 6190 (after some minor modifications to the project).

What I get though with version 1.1.79 still has the same problem that the menu and toolbar are active when CB is just started (and CB dies if you open the DoxyBlocks preferences without a project open and then click OK), so I'll wait until 1.1.111 or later is committed to svn to see if Gary's fix worked.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:04:27 pm by codeur »

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2010, 06:28:50 pm »

Hi Guys,

Same here. I even built svn 6190 in order to see if it improved things. It does not.
However I have always had this very same error (same one as LordCB) with Gary's .cbplugins. I have to rebuild doxyblocks myself to get it to work.

The current svn update claims to be 1.1.79 (1.1.111 not committed?). It builds and loads OK when I build it myself with SVN 6190 (after some minor modifications to the project).

What I get though with version 1.1.79 still has the same problem that the menu and toolbar are active when CB is just started (and CB dies if you open the DoxyBlocks preferences without a project open and then click OK), so I'll wait until 1.1.111 or later is committed to svn to see if Gary's fix worked.

It looks like I neglected to commit 1.1.111. Sorry about that.  :oops:
It's committed now. That should fix the toolbar issue.

The error is interesting as that's exactly what I get when I try to install the Linux .cbplugin. The only things I can think of are that there is still something about my setup that is not as C::B expects or there's something wrong with the plug-in system. Since no-one seems to want to tell me what to do about it I can't do much. No-one seems to be using them, either, so maybe there's a reason for that. Interestingly, my Linux installation is the one that should be absolutely standard. It's the Windows one I have to fiddle with. I'm installing the .cbplugin into the setup that built it so maybe that's why it works for me, although that's exactly what fails on Linux. I'm going to try building the latest on Linux today and see if it'll get through the update process, just for kicks. In the meantime, I guess you should stick with building it from source.

The other issue I have is that C::B fails when I run the plug-in in debug mode. No idea why and no information provided by the IDE. I might play around with that and see if I can trace what's failing on Linux. It might shed some light on the problem.

BTW, did you check the application log as mentioned in the error? Please post the contents.

Cheers.

Offline codeur

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2010, 08:53:34 pm »
It's committed now. That should fix the toolbar issue.

It does  fix the toolbar issue, but not the menu which is still active when CB starts.

BTW, did you check the application log as mentioned in the error? Please post the contents.

Cheers.

The only log I find is a codeblocks.RPT file in the CB base directory that gets created when CB dies. It tell me for example that CB dies when doxyblock.dll attempts to access a null pointer (for example opening doxyblocks preferences and clicking OK when no project is open).  That file has no information about plugins not loading and does not get generated when a plugin fails to start.

I'll keep my eyes open and tell you if I find a clue why I cannot load your plugin if I don't re-build it.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2010, 10:47:43 pm »
codeur: start C::B with "codeblocks.exe --debug-log" this option adds another log pane
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2010, 03:46:30 am »
It does  fix the toolbar issue, but not the menu which is still active when CB starts.

Oh yeah, I forgot that too. Ergh. I've fixed it now, thanks.

I'll keep my eyes open and tell you if I find a clue why I cannot load your plugin if I don't re-build it.

Thanks. I spent a few more hours wrestling with Linux and achieved nothing more than trashing my installation. Again! Nothing works. I tried to get it to build with the contrib plug-ins by integrating it into the makefiles, and it looked like it was doing so, but the result was no files in "devel". If I build it with C::B and try and run it in the same IDE in the same directory tree it locks up during startup at "Initialising plugins". If I remove DoxyBlocks (or a bunch of others I tried) it still does that so it seems not to be me. In the same environment the .cbplugin also refuses to work. I'm currently rebuilding C::B from SVN to try and get it working again. It shouldn't be this hard and I'm sure there's something fundamentally wrong with C::B's plug-in system, viz. Jens' comment elsewhere re: paths being lost. Frankly, I'm jack of fighting it on Linux and won't be doing any more until someone who understands what's required in detail decides to try and build it or it's integrated properly with the contrib plug-ins. I think Jens is the Linux man so we'll just have to wait for him to have the time, I guess.  :evil:

On the Windows front I still can't debug the thing as gdb dies. I can, however, debug contrib plug-ins from the contrib workspace so I think we're back to waiting for integration for that to work, too. I may try adding it myself and see if it wants to play ball but, for obvious reasons, I'm not optimistic.

Cheers.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2010, 04:27:13 am »

Hi,

Released version 1.1.123 of DoxyBlocks
-Added: I forgot to disable the menu if there are no projects open at startup. That's now done.

Special delivery for Codeur.  :wink:

Cheers.

Offline codeur

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2010, 07:30:59 am »
codeur: start C::B with "codeblocks.exe --debug-log" this option adds another log pane

Thanks for the tip oBFusCATed. The message I get in the debug log when DoxyBlocks fails loading is...   failed :shock: :? :lol:
I am confident this info will solve all of Gary's issues.

Another one for you Gary. I built 1.1.123, removed the old plugin, installed the new one. No luck.
Steps to see the issue:
1- Install doxyblocks from .cbplugin (with an open project). DoxyBlocks menu and toolbar come up enabled.
2- Close all projects. DoxyBlocks menu and toolbar are disabled (greyed out).
3- Close CB, Open CB. The toolbar is disabled, the menu is enabled.

My advice: take the rest of the week and the week-end off. Spring is coming (if you are in the Northern hemisphere), take your girl out for a great bushwalk and come back refreshed. The blasted code can wait.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2010, 06:19:02 pm »
I think Jens is the Linux man so we'll just have to wait for him to have the time, I guess.  :evil:

My advice: take the rest of the week and the week-end off. Spring is coming (if you are in the Northern hemisphere), take your girl out for a great bushwalk and come back refreshed. The blasted code can wait.

I'm at work until friday (most likely late) evening, until 9 or 10 pm each day (I have internet just since half an hour here after fighting the whole week with german telecom and some ignorant builder who cut our phone cable multiple times).

I hope I will find the time to look into it at the weekend.
But it worked for me without problems (automake and build by C::B).
If you build with automake-system, devel directory is not used.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2010, 08:58:54 pm »

Hi Guys,

Released version 1.2.138 of DoxyBlocks
-Fixed: The menu activation code was still not right. I think I now have the right combination of events to make things happen correctly.

Hurrah!  :o

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2010, 09:18:05 pm »

Hey Codeur,

Firstly, thanks for making the effort to test it. We need more users/developers like you!  :P

Thanks for the tip oBFusCATed. The message I get in the debug log when DoxyBlocks fails loading is...   failed :shock: :? :lol:
I am confident this info will solve all of Gary's issues.

Awesoooooooooooome. :wink:

Another one for you Gary. I built 1.1.123, removed the old plugin, installed the new one. No luck.
Steps to see the issue:
1- Install doxyblocks from .cbplugin (with an open project). DoxyBlocks menu and toolbar come up enabled.
2- Close all projects. DoxyBlocks menu and toolbar are disabled (greyed out).
3- Close CB, Open CB. The toolbar is disabled, the menu is enabled.

:cry:
The problem here is that the MENUBAR_CREATE_END event appears to be raised before the plug-in menus are processed. I'm not sure that that's right i.e. as it should be. PLUGIN_ATTACHED occurs far too early, before the menu is even drawn. I have therefore resorted to UPDATE_UI, which seems to be doing the job. I see that many of the other plug-ins use it, so maybe it's a common necessity. This time, I've tested it much more thoroughly and run it through all of the combinations of opening and closing projects, editors and the IDE that I can come up with and it is behaving correctly so far, including independently enabling and disabling the comment functions.

Haha, good advice but it seems that I didn't listen. Perhaps on the weekend.  :)

Fingers crossed.

Offline codeur

« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2010, 09:57:08 pm »
Hurrah!  :o
Menu activation is working now (including the internal activation/deactivation of the comment functions), thanks.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 10:06:08 pm by codeur »

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2010, 09:57:46 pm »

Hi Jens,

I'm at work until friday (most likely late) evening, until 9 or 10 pm each day (I have internet just since half an hour here after fighting the whole week with german telecom and some ignorant builder who cut our phone cable multiple times).

Haha, everyone has their own struggle.  :?

I hope I will find the time to look into it at the weekend.
But it worked for me without problems (automake and build by C::B).

That would be great. Thanks. I have recovered C::B on Ubuntu so I now have the latest SVN running. I can still build my plug-in but all attempts to install it have failed. I also tried to integrate it into the automake build stream but that didn't work either. I don't know enough about it to see how it's done in C::B, generally.

The first thing I need to understand is why the the .cbplugin doesn't work, even in Windows where it works for me. The second is how to integrate it into the automake process. If I can build it along with the other contrib plugins it may work then. I guess the best thing would be to know what steps you take to get it working and just follow them.

If you build with automake-system, devel directory is not used.

Ahah. That would explain a few things.

Cheers.