Author Topic: Doxygen plugin  (Read 285752 times)

Offline codeur

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Code::Blocks EDU-Portable
Re: Doxygen plugin
« Reply #240 on: February 22, 2011, 10:41:27 pm »
Patch #3127 was applied on 8 February. I built and tested the new version (1.7.655).
The repair is only partial and the issue is not fixed.
DoxyBlocks still does not properly handle output documents located elsewhere than in the doxygen folder (even when the doxyfile is in that "other" output folder).

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2011, 04:39:11 am »
Is this one still problematic?
Yes. It does not apply at all. :-(

Hey - this is already applied ! :-)

Yes and no. I see the problem. For some reason, the second version of the patch missed a bunch of stuff. Something seems to be going on with patch creation in Tortoise. I'll upload take 3. Ergh.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2011, 04:45:56 am »
Patch #3127 was applied on 8 February. I built and tested the new version (1.7.655).

Yes. See the previous response

DoxyBlocks still does not properly handle output documents located elsewhere than in the doxygen folder (even when the doxyfile is in that "other" output folder).

That will improve somewhat once we get all the changes in place, however, you might reconsider your use of the word "properly". As explained in detail below, it still won't do exactly what you're after as it wasn't designed to do so. I don't consider your approach "proper" use of doxygen but I respect your right to do things as you wish. I always try and build in maximum flexibility, this ain't Microsoft, but I don't have the time to address your request in full at present. Feel free to improve things.

Cheers.

Offline codeur

• Code::Blocks EDU-Portable
« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2011, 05:50:07 am »

Yes. See the previous response
... however, you might reconsider your use of the word "properly". As explained in detail below, it still won't do exactly what you're after as it wasn't designed to do so.

I understand Gary. I have read your previous posts and for me "properly" for now includes the restriction that we need to have the doxyfile inside the output documentation folder. I'll live with this minor constraint for now.
As you suggest I will indeed hop on board in a few months when I have a bit of time. I'll then provide patches to enable those few refinements that are not yet in by then, like the possibility of having separate doxygen setup and output documentation folders.
That's not a worry.

DoxyBlocks is great and a huge help as it is. It has been used a lot around here and is VERY useful in educational environments. Programming students who would normally skip all documentation get into the habit of documenting their code thanks to it and to you. Have a look at the latest version of CodeBlocks-EP if you have the time.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 05:51:56 am by codeur »

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2011, 02:50:38 am »
 Hi Codeur,

Thanks, that's great. I'm happy to look at improving things when I get the time, as well. I think it will require a revision of all of the path management code as it wasn't written with that in mind. It shouldn't be an earth-shattering change, though, it just needs some time.

CodeBlocks-EP is very cool. I will do that. :-)

Cheers.

youarefunny

« Reply #245 on: March 08, 2011, 05:24:14 am »
I noticed that this plug-in creates the doxygen config file as 'doxyfile' instead of doxygens default 'Doxyfile'.  Could this be changed please.

Oh, pan by the way great plug-in :)

I can see the future of this plug-in extracting the documentation and having fly-outs as you highlight a function in auto-complete and by right clicking on things.  Keep up the good work.

Offline ptDev

• Almost regular
« Reply #246 on: March 08, 2011, 09:41:00 am »
I can see the future of this plug-in extracting the documentation and having fly-outs as you highlight a function in auto-complete and by right clicking on things.  Keep up the good work.

The best way to implement this would be allowing CodeCompletion to parse doxygen documentation.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #247 on: March 08, 2011, 09:59:44 am »
Or provide some hooks to enable different styles of documentation...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #248 on: March 24, 2011, 11:21:37 am »
...I got another feature request:
Doxygen (while compiling) complains about missing documentation like missing variables or wrong spelled variables. It would be nice to have a log window where these messages are piped into and where you can click on the messages and jump to the line in the file (similar like the build log).
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #249 on: March 24, 2011, 12:54:55 pm »
Why not use the build log directly, there are too many logs already:)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #250 on: March 24, 2011, 02:40:54 pm »
before I forget, in on e of the last changes something got broken, with respect to output directory or position position of the cbp file or the doxygen file. It used to work before, now it no longer works. Gonna try to post a little project here, showcasing the failure this evening,

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #251 on: March 24, 2011, 08:11:16 pm »
here's a project that now fail with the doxygen plugin, where it used to work in the past.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extracting documentation for Test.
DoxyBlocks is working, please wait a few moments...
Writing doxyfile...
Failed. /home/killerbot/Projects/Test/Project/doxygen/doxyfile was not created.

Done.

Note that the "doxygen" directory is created

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2011, 05:58:53 pm »
Here is a small Hello standard program. Results with Doxybloacks are not those I expect.

cbp file is inside a make folder. main.c and version.h are in src.
Autoversioning plugin finds correctly version.h, but Doxyblocks when configured to use it, does not seem to find version.h. More, it tries to locate it at a wrong place.
svn 7141, Win XP, SP3.

And in the result, version.h is in the file list, but not main.c (totally different problem here ?).

Bug or I'm missing something ?

Gd_on
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 06:42:09 pm by gd_on »
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Derjik

• Single posting newcomer
  • I like trains.
« Reply #253 on: February 12, 2013, 09:54:52 pm »
Hello again,

I hope this is the appropriate thread to talk about eventual (small) "issues" with DoxyBlocks... if not, I'm really sorry, and I understand my post could be deleted.

So:
As i said in this thread, I'm running C::B 12.11 on Windows 7 Pro and while "everything's fine" with DoxyWizard itself for extracting the documentation, the "Extract Documentation" item from DoxyBlocks doesn't seem to do anything...
It just creates a small doxyfile if no existing one is found, else it "detects" it, but doesn't extract anything. (and the doxyfile I use in my currect projet is valid, as DoxyWizard managed to extract the documentation).

So this isn't a "harmful" problem, but I like the idea of "just using a keyboard shortcut" whenever I want to extract (or "update") my documentation... and I don't know what I'm doing wrong with DoxyBlocks.
Any help welcome, so thanks by advance, and sorry if I'm not in the right thread :|

EDIT: As I said in the other topic, we found more details on this problem: The "Extract Documentation" feature cannot handle special characters in the working path (and I'm working under "Mes Documents", so the blank caused the trouble for me...).
I don't know if we can call it "a bug", but... it's said.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:14:44 pm by Derjik »
Computer Science student, Windows 7 & GNU/Linux Debian user, programming novice and stuff.

Offline Joerg

« Reply #254 on: July 04, 2013, 09:26:59 am »
Hi,
I would like to suggest another template for block comments without the trailing stars:
Code
/** \brief 

\param
 \param
 \return

*/
It's easier to edit, as long as C::B does not fill in the stars, as eclipse is doing ;-)
It's never too late to fail!