Author Topic: Doxygen plugin  (Read 284878 times)

Offline codeur

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Code::Blocks EDU-Portable
Re: Doxygen plugin
« Reply #225 on: January 03, 2011, 10:36:14 pm »
Hi Cryogen,
I just hit a minor bug in DoxyBlocks:
When saving the documentation into a place different from the standard "doxygen" directory and clicking "Extract documentation" in the DoxyBlocks menu, the final message is "Your documents are in: ..\..\..\..\doxygen\ (the default documentation directory) which is incorrect. The documentation is however properly saved in the requested place.

When clicking "Run HTML" or "Run CHM" in the menu, the path to the documantation is also incorrect and the run does not succeed.

Of course, the documentation path shown is correct when Doxywizard is used instead and "show HTML output" works from there.

The portable CB launcher just released ( http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,10360.msg93976.html#msg93976 ) comes with its own doxyfile and exhibits this issue.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2011, 05:25:14 am »

Hey Codeur,

Hi Cryogen,
When saving the documentation into a place different from the standard "doxygen" directory and clicking "Extract documentation" in the DoxyBlocks menu, the final message is "Your documents are in: ..\..\..\..\doxygen\ (the default documentation directory) which is incorrect. The documentation is however properly saved in the requested place.

I'm afraid that's rather too vague. I'll need specific steps to reproduce it including exactly how you're setting the path.

Thanks for reporting.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #227 on: February 03, 2011, 05:31:39 am »
 Hi guys,

Released version 1.6.614 of DoxyBlocks
-Updated: doxygen support to v1.7.3.
-Removed some compiler warnings under gcc4.5.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:06:08 am by MortenMacFly »

Offline codeur

« Reply #228 on: February 03, 2011, 06:20:22 am »

Hey Codeur,

Hi Cryogen,

I'm afraid that's rather too vague. I'll need specific steps to reproduce it including exactly how you're setting the path.

Thanks for reporting.

Fair enough Gary,

The path to the output directory is set in the doxyfile by using the doxywizard (project -> expert tab). Doxyblocks appears decoupled from the doxyfile for this path. If you try the example in the project I mentioned earlier, you'll see (by using the wizard) that the output directory is set relative to the doxyfile as ../doc. Doxyblocks does not take this into account and assumes that the output directory is the default "doxygen" subdirectory.

To reproduce the problem the example project accessed from: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,10360.msg93976.html#msg93976 comes with its own doxyfile and exhibits this issue.
To see the problem you must load the example project project then click "Extract documentation" in the DoxyBlocks menu. The final message is "Your documents are in: ..\..\..\..\doxygen\ -which is inexact.
If you then click "Run HTML" or "Run CHM" in the Doxyblocks menu, you can also see that the path to the documentation assumed by Doxyblocks is incorrect and that therefore the run does not succeed.

Thanks for the new version release.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:38:06 am by codeur »

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2011, 05:01:36 pm »

Well, I wasn't actually asking you to repeat what you'd already said, albeit slowly. I wanted to repeat how you set that project up in my test env. Nonetheless, it works for me:

Code
Success.
Your documents are in: C:\Utilities\Code\CbLauncher_0.1.5\CbLauncher\doxygen\

Done.

HTML Help not found at C:\Utilities\Code\CbLauncher_0.1.5\CbLauncher\doxygen\CbLauncher.chm.
Default browser launched with URL file://C:\Utilities\Code\CbLauncher_0.1.5\CbLauncher\doxygen\html/index.html.

Latest C::B. lates DoxyBlocks, Win7.
The CHM is not configured to build, so that's normal. The HTML ran first time. So, I think you use Windows, don't you? How did you set the path? DoxyBlocks? doxywizard? Anything else?

Thanks for the new version release.

My pleasure. :-)

Ciao.

Offline codeur

« Reply #230 on: February 06, 2011, 05:14:02 am »
DoxyBlocks is misbehaving here without any doubt, but your test did not present it with the issue in question.

To reproduce the issue:
- load the provided example project into codeblocks,
- press "Extract Documentation" in the Doxyblocks menu to get the success message, then
- press "Run HTML" in the Doxyblocks menu to obtain the "Index.html not found" message.
You obtain:
Code
Extracting documentation for CbLauncher.
DoxyBlocks is working, please wait a few moments...
Found existing doxyfile...
Success.
Your documents are in: C:\Temp\CbLauncher\doxygen\

Done.

Index.html not found at C:\Temp\CbLauncher\doxygen\html/index.html.

The provided project doxyfile specifies the output directory as ../doc
Doxygen does the right thing and generates the documentation in ..\doc
DoxyBlocks is unaware of this output directory and assumes that the documentation is in the default "doxygen" subdirectory.

For how that output path was set originally for this project:
The path to the output directory is set in the doxyfile by using the doxywizard (project -> expert tab).
The output directory ../doc was originally entered in the "output directory" field on that page.

Latest Codeblocks, latest Doxyblocks, XP (the issue was the same with previous versions of Codeblocks and previous versions of DoxyBlocks).
I think you must have re-generated a new doxyfile and therefore erased the output path from the project doxyfile prior to your test, so it could not show the issue.

If it is too much work to fix this issue, I can personally live with it. It's not a big hassle.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 05:43:33 am by codeur »

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #231 on: February 06, 2011, 05:48:05 am »
I think you must have re-generated a new doxyfile and therefore erased the output path from the project doxyfile prior to your test, so it could not show the issue.

Yes, you're right. I see the problem now. I'll look into it.

Thanks.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #232 on: February 06, 2011, 11:30:38 pm »

Hey Codeur,

I've discovered what's going on here. There are several parts to it. Firstly, when you use something other than "doxgen" as the doc dir. you need to set the OUTPUT_DIRECTORY field on the "Doxygen Defaults" tab. The help tooltip explains the options. At the same time, DoxyBlocks doesn't support having the doxyfile in one place and the docs in another. The problem is that it looks at its prefs to determine the output dir., not in the doxyfile, and it assumes that that is where the doxyfile lives, too.

So, firstly, while I think that DoxyBlocks should support that, since doxygen does, it will take some work reviewing all of the path management code and I don't have time to do that at present. Secondly, I have fixed a bug or two and made some improvements. You can still run things as you are now, if you wish, but DoxyBlocks won't run the docs. If you enter the path in the prefs, DoxyBlocks will write a new doxyfile there, ignore the doxygen dir. and then behave correctly, although not exactly as you desire. The best solution is to move your doxfile to ../doc and then everything will be reported and run correctly without any intervention. If you are happy with that, I think you are in business.

I will create a TODO item for posterity. The patch will be available shortly.

Thanks again.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #233 on: February 06, 2011, 11:40:45 pm »
Released version 1.7.655 of DoxyBlocks
-Fixed: Hard coded doxygen directory name.
-Updated: Directory creation code.

Patch available from the Patchorama link below.

Cheers.

Offline codeur

« Reply #234 on: February 07, 2011, 01:13:19 am »
Thanks for the update Gary,
I'll place the doxyfile with the documents, no problem.
But before I can try that I need to find your patch. I searched for it on the wxsmith_addons branch on berlioz without luck. Can you give me a more precise hint of where it is?
EDIT: I have found it, thanks.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:44:51 am by codeur »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #235 on: February 07, 2011, 07:06:54 am »
Can you give me a more precise hint of where it is?
Doxyblocks is not related to the wxSmith branch as it is already part of the contrib plugins. Have a look at Cryogens "patchorama" (http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,12619.msg95229/topicseen.html#msg95229) or at BerliOS, the patch tracker of C::B (http://developer.berlios.de/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=3127&group_id=5358).
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline codeur

« Reply #236 on: February 07, 2011, 12:38:55 pm »
Doxyblocks is not related to the wxSmith branch as it is already part of the contrib plugins...
Thanks Morten,
It looks like that latest patch is provided relative to the last version in the wxSmith branch, not relative to the version in trunk.
I'll wait to proceed until either trunk is updated with those last modifications or a patch relative to trunk is provided.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #237 on: February 07, 2011, 02:12:56 pm »
I'll wait to proceed until either trunk is updated with those last modifications or a patch relative to trunk is provided.
I've tried myself and it seems this patch is broken I cannot apply it at all: Neither to trunk nor the branch. I've asked for a new patch in the patch tracker accordingly.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #238 on: February 22, 2011, 01:57:08 am »

Hey Morten,

Is this one still problematic?

Thanks.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #239 on: February 22, 2011, 05:43:22 pm »
Is this one still problematic?
Yes. It does not apply at all. :-(

Hey - this is already applied ! :-)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 05:46:02 pm by MortenMacFly »