Author Topic: Doxygen plugin  (Read 284899 times)

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
Re: Doxygen plugin
« Reply #180 on: June 07, 2010, 05:59:05 pm »
 Hi Guys,

It seems that the last few queries might be due to folks trying to use a DoxyBlocks.dll that they've built with the new 10.5 release.

Firstly, until now I wasn't even fully aware that there was a new release. I'd seen no announcement, I rarely visit the main page and I don't use release versions. I knew it was coming and was hoping the DoxyBlocks would be released with it but, having just downloaded the release and checked, I see that it isn't.

So, 10.5 will be no different to 8.02, I'm sure. DoxyBlocks won't work with it. You will still have to build C::B yourself from source for it to work.

Cheers.

[UPDATE]
I may be able to build a plug-in that works in 10.5 for Windows users. Unfortunately, I can't get anything other than my home-built wx libs to run under Ubuntu. If someone wants to build a plug-in using the 10.5 source and the default dev libs, I'm happy to post it on SF for all to use. The same goes for Windows for that matter. I can provide the required scripts to build the plug-in on both platforms.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:01:17 pm by Cryogen »

Offline surrealist14

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2010, 12:21:53 am »
Hi Cryogen,

I'm no expert at this yet, but I did successfully rebuild Code::Blocks 10.05 for Windows.  I have also downloaded revision 34 of DoxyBlocks and rebuilt it from the source.  It appears to be running with my installation of C::B now, and at least I can do simple things like insert a comment block and have DoxyBlocks pluck out the parameters and return value for me!

I would be happy to share this with anyone, but I confess that I do not know how to build the .cbplugin that you mentioned.  I have a zip file with the DoxyBlocks.dll, a DoxyBlocks.zip, and some images that appear to be related.  I have a .zip file, but it's too large to attach to this post.  I'm happy to upload it somewhere more appropriate, and if all goes well, you should simply have to extract it and then copy the contents to the appropriate directory inside your Code::Blocks 10.05 Windows installation.  It seems so simple that it really should be part of the standard Code::Blocks binary distribution, IMHO.

I hope this helps, and I'm happy to try to bundle this up in a better fashion if someone can give me a little coaching.

Surrealist14

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2010, 07:09:49 am »
fyi : DoxyBlocks is sitting ready on my system to become a contrib plug-in.
We are trying to iron out some last issues.

And then we will create a nightly containing it.
Other plug---ins coming at the same time are :
* Nassi-Shneiderman
* Cscope
* Aligner

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2010, 07:25:48 am »
fyi : DoxyBlocks is sitting ready on my system to become a contrib plug-in.
We are trying to iron out some last issues.

Other plug---ins coming at the same time are :
* Nassi-Shneiderman
* Cscope
* Aligner

Great news!
Hopefully it will be on the svn repository soon.  :D
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline danselmi

• Developer
  • Almost regular
« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2010, 09:27:54 am »
The Aligner plugin was merged with the EditorTweaks plugin. Do you plan to add EditorTweaks or the "old" Aligner?

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2010, 11:41:32 am »
The Aligner plugin was merged with the EditorTweaks plugin. Do you plan to add EditorTweaks or the "old" Aligner?

maybe that's a better idea. Could you email me the code, you have my email address ;-)

What are all the thing the EditorTweaks can do ?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2010, 06:11:18 pm »
maybe that's a better idea. Could you email me the code, you have my email address ;-)
True what danselmi said. The plugin is under SVN here:
http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/cbilplugin/branches/EditorTweaks

BTW: I believe I did some modifications in the project file... but I can fix such once it's in SVN (where I don't have the time for ATM...).
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Baluarte

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #187 on: June 28, 2010, 07:31:34 pm »

I am truly anxious!  :lol:

Offline codeur

• Code::Blocks EDU-Portable
« Reply #188 on: June 28, 2010, 11:33:02 pm »
I am truly anxious!  :lol:
The word you were looking for is probably "eager", "impatient" or "keen".  :P
It's a good plugin, but it requires a bit of "polishing".

Offline Baluarte

« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2010, 04:40:29 pm »

"anxious": false friend.

B.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #190 on: July 06, 2010, 12:40:28 am »
 Hi Guys,

Released version 1.6.596 of DoxyBlocks
-Fixed: Bugs that caused DoxyBlocks to crash when importing a Visual Studio solution.
-Added: Feature that allows you to load a saved template instead of the default settings, if no saved settings exist when loading a project. Requested by Codeur.
-Updated: Doxyfile output to doxygen 1.7.1.
-New: Prevented doxygen parse errors when using WXUNUSED() by adding it to doxygen's pre-processor settings.
-Updated: The document directory functionality to allow the use of directories other than "doxygen" as the root folder.
-Cleaned: The documentation to parse as cleanly as possible with all warnings enabled.
-Updated: Doxywizard's icon.

As you know, DoxyBlocks is about to become a contrib plug-in.  :P

I have fixed a couple of issues that were detected during final testing and added some new features that had been sidelined recently.
Codeur, with thanks for your infinite patience, your requested feature to auto-load a settings template is now a reality.
I have also modified the directory management functionality so that you can use a root directory other than "doxygen", as I realised that it is necessary when you inherit a project that uses something different, such as "doc", amongst other possibilities.
I finally managed to find a solution for the doxygen parse errors when WXUNUSED() is used. It requires using doxygen's pre-processor and is now generated automatically in the configuration file.
Finally, since doxywizard now has its own icon, I have changed DoxyBlocks to use that.

The latest docs are up on the SF site. Enjoy the new 1.7 look.

I will check these changes into my repository. This should be the last submission there. The SF repo will probably disappear once everything is up and running in C::B's SVN repo. I'm going to try building a .cbplugin against the V10.5 source so that there is a compatible version available for Windows users, at least. I will still need someone who can build on Linux with the standard libs to help with a Linux plug-in for 10.5.

Cheers,

Cryo.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #191 on: July 06, 2010, 12:44:13 am »

Hi Surrealist,

Apologies for the slow response.

Hi Cryogen,

I'm no expert at this yet, but I did successfully rebuild Code::Blocks 10.05 for Windows.  I have also downloaded revision 34 of DoxyBlocks and rebuilt it from the source.  It
I hope this helps, and I'm happy to try to bundle this up in a better fashion if someone can give me a little coaching.

Thanks for the offer. Let me see what I come up with. It will probably be easier for me to just build it as I have the source here already.

Cheers.

Offline codeur

• Code::Blocks EDU-Portable
« Reply #192 on: July 06, 2010, 04:30:42 am »
Hi Guys,

Released version 1.6.596 of DoxyBlocks
-. . .
-Added: Feature that allows you to load a saved template instead of the default settings, if no saved settings exist when loading a project. Requested by Codeur.
-. . .
Cheers,

Cryo.

Thank you Gary!
I am much obliged to you for DoxyBlocks. It's already been used a lot by students here and will be of huge service when Codeblocks-EP is publicly released and starts being used by other educational institutions (won't be long now.. a month and a bit. It'll be ready for when universities and colleges start again in the Northern hemisphere.).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 07:33:23 am by codeur »

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #193 on: July 06, 2010, 11:45:24 pm »

Thank you Gary!
I am much obliged to you for DoxyBlocks. It's already been used a lot by students here and will be of huge service when Codeblocks-EP is publicly released and starts being used by other educational institutions (won't be long now.. a month and a bit. It'll be ready for when universities and colleges start again in the Northern hemisphere.).

Always a pleasure. No small credit to you for your support and assistance. EP sounds good, nice one.  :wink:

Cheers.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2010, 02:33:37 am »

Hi Guys.

Version 1.6.606 is now available in the C::B SVN repository. There are just some minor formatting changes, this time, as we iron out the last few standardisation issues. We're just about there now. Very nice, too. :-)

Cheers,

Gary.